Assistant Director of Care
- Hellenic Home for the Aged Scarborough
- To be negotiated
- Job Category
- Contract type
Looking to join a creative, engaging team of young professionals? Hellenic Homes for the Aged is an outstanding ‘home away from home’ dedicated to providing personalized quality care and services to seniors in the community. Conveniently located in the heart of Scarborough with easy access to transit, the Home strives to be ‘the Jewel of the Greek community’ through our innovative and competent people and culture.
Hellenic Home for the Aged Scarborough is currently seeking an enthusiastic Assistant of Care to work with the Director of Care to provide an exceptional level of quality care for our Seniors. He/She will be coordinating the activities of the nursing department that include but are not limited to: infection control, falls management, staff development, occupational health and safety, continuous quality improvement and tissue trauma management.
To be part of this dynamic, growing team you must:
- Be a Registered Nurse with a current certificate from the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing)
- Experience in gerontology nursing in a long term care setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, with experience in infection control, staff development, palliative care and quality improvement programs.
- Fluency of the Greek speaking language would be an asset.
Qualified candidates should apply through the company website: http://www.hellenichome.org/joinUs/employmentOpportunities.asp