Registered Nurse - Birthing Centre
At Scarborough and Rouge Hospital (SRH), the patient experience comes first. With three hospital sites (Birchmount, General and Centenary) and five satellite sites, SRH provides a broad spectrum of health services to one of the most diverse communities in Canada.
Created through a merger of The Scarborough Hospital’s Birchmount and General sites and Rouge Valley Health System’s Centenary site in December 2016, SRH is committed to delivering the highest quality patient- and family-centred care, with a focus on enhancing access to services for the Scarborough community.
Registered Nurse – Birthing Centre
Scarborough and Rouge Hospital, Centenary site
2 Full Time positions
Reporting to the Manager of the Birthing Centre, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centered care environment. Your skills will accommodate rotation through Labour and Delivery and Post Partum.
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
• Current Certificate in Neo-natal Resuscitation (HSFO, NRP)
• Health Assessment course or equivalent experience
• Basic Fetal Monitoring Course
• Breastfeeding Course or recent experience in this area
• Minimum 2 years current family centered labour and delivery experience
• Minimum 1 year current experience in family centered maternal/newborn nursing
• Certificate courses in material/newborn care, neonatal assessment
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Rouge Valley's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
• Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
• Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgement
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record
Please visit our website to apply to this position: www.rougevalley.ca/careers
Job Number: J0718-0278
Scarborough and Rouge Hospital (SRH) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SRH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.