IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to the bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital, we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care, and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
Patient Safety and Risk Specialist, Patient Experience Office
As a Patient Safety and Risk Specialist (PS+RS), you will provide support to programs, departments and services to ensure that the patient and family experience is aligned with the Hospital’s Mission of Putting Patients First in Everything We Do. As a PS+RS, you will have accountability for visibly role modeling the values and attributes of staff working in a hospital focused on an outstanding patient and family experience, with a lens on quality, safety, risk identification and mitigation and, thereby building internal capacity with staff, physicians and volunteers to improve the patient and family experience. The PS+RS position is a multidimensional role requiring flexibility and priority of time management in a fast paced and changing environment. You are a highly effective communicator both written and verbal, and will prepare abstracts and represent NYGH at external speaking engagements. Utilizing the Incident Reporting Framework Policy the PS+RS supports the programs and departments in the review process. The PS+RS will be responsible for supporting Med Legal Claims, NYGH ERM Program, patient safety initiatives and risk identification & mitigation strategies. This position involves a high level of integrity, trust and credibility. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships and gaining credibility with stakeholder group(s), by being self- directed and able to deal with multiple stake holders while managing priorities and work load management . The successful applicant will be able to function independently and maintain confidentiality in this challenging position. This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Partner with the health care teams and leadership by providing support, guidance and direction to build capacity and leadership for patient & family experience, risk management, and patient safety
- Collaborate, consult and partner with the Patient Relations Specialists and Quality Improvement Specialists
- Partner with clinical and non-clinical leadership by providing SLIP data and analysis, observations and assessments
- Work in collaboration with the Manager Patient Experience and Corporate Risk on medical legal processes as they relate to clinical programs, NYGH ERM Program, and risk identification & mitigation strategies
- Provide support for hospital initiatives focused on the patient and family experience quality, safety, and risk
- Regulated Health Professional with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience preferred
- Member of a Regulated College in Ontario
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience in quality, safety and/or risk management role preferred
- - Project Management experience preferred
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full Time Regular position with 8 hour shifts, days, in the Patient Experience Office in Patient Experience and Quality Department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
- Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
- We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs
More search results
Guideline Development Methodologist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Program Coordinator, Collaborative BScN Program -…
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Case Manager Registered Nurse
Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
Interior Health Authority
Coordinator – Community Withdrawal Support and Op…
Addiction Services of Thames Valley - 330984