S&R Nursing Homes Ltd., is a division of The Steeves & Rozema Group. With over 40 years of experience in the Long Term Care field, we are currently searching for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team.
Trillium Villa Nursing home boasts a progressive, forward thinking health care team. We have been serving seniors for over 40 years with Health Care promotion and Chronic Disease management. Backed by our Corporate Head Office we believe we are Industry Leaders in the Long Term Care health field.
The Nurse Practitioner is an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing primary health care to the full scope of practice to our residents. The NP collaborates with other health professionals to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for our residents and families. As a member of the primary care team, you are accountable to the Administrator and Medical Director for meeting the Long Term Care Home’s policies, procedures and protocols for medical services.
The ideal Nurse Practitioner is the quintessential expression of Professionalism, Competence, Reliability, Organization, Accountability and Ethics. Your effervescent personality and presence is undoubtedly evident in your commitment to enhance the quality of life to our residents and staff on a daily basis.
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from a recognized program
- Membership with Nurse Practitioners’ Association of Ontario (NPAO)
- National certification in Gerontology an asset
- Knowledge of RNAO Best Practice guidelines and MOH Regulations and Act
- Demonstrated competency in advanced assessments, diagnoses and prescribing pharmaceuticals and non- pharmacological interventions within the legislated scope of practice
- Evidence of professional liability insurance
- Demonstrated experience in a community and/or primary care setting
- Experience or a combination of education/training in Geriatrics an asset
- Experience in Management required
- Knowledge of risk and quality management
- Superior interpersonal, communication, organization and team skills
- Innovative, creative, flexible and enthusiastic
- Clear understanding of Resident-Centered Care
- Knowledge of community resources connected to the provision of health promotion and illness prevention related services
- Outstanding multi-tasking ability related to the delivery of efficient primary care
- Performs assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counselling and other clinical activities according to the CNO standards of practice for NP’s
- Contribute to chart documentation, participate in chart reviews and case conferences
- Facilitates continuity of care by working collaboratively with professional health care teams including primary care providers
- Provides primary or shared medical care, consultation and/or follow up to residents and their families
- Provides an advanced assessments, formulates diagnoses and develops a therapeutic plan of care for frail and elderly residents
- Communicates finding and diagnoses, discusses health outcomes to resident, families and the care team
- Assumes a leadership role within the home to develop solutions that provide exceptional care to our residents
- Support staff to provide exemplary care within their full professional scope
- Encourages and models critical thinking that identifies needs and makes recommendations for changes within the home to enhance best practice outcomes
- Consults with a physician in accordance with the standards for consultation with physicians
- Maintains relationships with networks, related professional organizations and other related service providers
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential documentation pertaining to resident history
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as required
- Advocates for Resident Rights
- Ensures communication process within department and Home is effective
- Champions execution of the leadership strategy
- Exhibit a highly developed ability to actively listen, negotiate and communicate goals; share knowledge, experience and responsibility when dealing with employees and residents
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in problem solving and overall management
- Clearly demonstrates collaborative consensus-building skills
- Experienced in directing, managing, coaching and mentoring staff to motivate and bring about efficiency and creativity.
- Provide professional coaching and guidance to employees
- Exhibits a desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology based opportunities, courses, workshops and conferences
Upon request, accommodation at any time through the hiring process is available through The Steeves & Rozema Group’s Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 519 542 5953.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please be advised that only those invited to an interview will be contacted. No phone calls and No Agencies please.