Manager, Resident Care - Quality & Clinical Services
A dedicated and caring professional reporting directly to the Administrator, you will work in a multidisciplinary team supporting the nursing department and the Home at large. Particular focus will be placed on coordinating and participating in cross-disciplinary quality activities home and companywide as well as overall clinical services.
- Registered Nurse, (BScN preferred with current Registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario)
- Three years related clinical and documentation experience in long-term care
- Post-RN education in Gerontology is an asset
- Knowledge of RNAO Best Practice guidelines and MOH Regulations and Act
- Experience in Management and Leadership preferably in a unionized environment is required
- Experience in adult education, clinical programs including: wound and pain management, fall prevention programs, restraint, and transfers to emergency department, (knowledge of Resident First four required program initiatives and Best Practices)
- Experience in Infection Control and PIECES, GPA and/or Responsive Behaviours
- Experience in RNAO Best Practice guidelines and Resident Directed Care
- Experience in quality audit and outcome measures evaluation and implementation
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel: RAI_MDS 2.0 proficiency preferred
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Proficient command of Point Click Care
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and team building skills
- Leads the Quality Program and process in the home, oversees the Quality Lead Team and drives all quality improvements in the home following HQO guidelines.
- Acts as the Liaison with the Corporate Director of Quality
- Advocates for Resident Rights maintaining compliance within the Ministry requirements
- Works collaboratively with the Resident Care Coordinator and Scheduler to develop and maintain staffing patterns to meet resident’s needs
- Responsible for the recruitment, performance management, discipline and termination of applicable team members
- Supports orientation of staff and staff education
- Keeps up to date with new and current trends in nursing and clinical services
- Maintains home’s LHIN application process on HPG, home’s occupancy levels and internal wait list.
- Audit and monitor clinical programs and services and implement action plans for improvement where required
- Working collaboratively with the management team, will be responsible for developing the home’s QIP, providing updates and progress reports on any QI projects
- Act as the CARF Accreditation Lead for the home.
- Must be able to work as Charge Nurse if required, in the event of staffing shortages
Upon request, accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through the Steeves & Rozema Group’s Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in writing to Kim Van Dam
More search results
Guideline Development Methodologist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Program Coordinator, Collaborative BScN Program -…
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Case Manager Registered Nurse
Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
Interior Health Authority
Coordinator – Community Withdrawal Support and Op…
Addiction Services of Thames Valley - 330984