Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) or REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (RPN)
COMMUNITY OUTREACH & SUPPORT TEAM (COAST)
Job Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Base office: Bracebridge
Purpose of the Position: This position will support effective and collaborative community-based services delivered as part of our Community Outreach and Support Team (COAST). Responsibilities will include conducting nursing psychiatric and physical assessments, implementing nursing interventions, managing and administering medications, and collaborating with other medical services. The nurse also has responsibility, as part of a multidisciplinary team, to carry out case management, psychosocial rehabilitation, crisis intervention and treatment under the clinical supervision of the Team Lead, Area Program Coordinator or delegate.
Education and Qualifications:
- Current registration, in good standing, as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Commitment to implementing Provincial Standards of Practice (Assertive Community Treatment – ACT or Early Psychosis Intervention), for service delivery to individuals experiencing serious mental illness, including support to families, where appropriate
- A commitment to the concept of recovery and working diligently and compassionately for its ongoing expression in the service system
- Comprehensive understanding and commitment to implementing psychosocial rehabilitation principles
- A strong commitment to supporting the rights and abilities of all persons, including support to live and participate in a community in ways that are meaningful to them
- Experience providing crisis intervention
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally, autonomously, collaboratively and respectfully within a team environment and with a range of internal and external stakeholders, in a rural setting
- A willingness to serve consumers within the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound
- A valid Ontario G or G2 driver’s license and a safe and reliable means of transportation
- A willingness to do shift work during days/evenings (including weekends and statutory holidays)
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook Calendaring and consumer information systems
Salary: $27.30 - $39.93 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience – Please note that the RN salary scale is currently under review
Benefits: Comprehensive health benefit plan and registered retirement plan with HOOPP.
Please note that we are scent-free organization.
You are invited to submit your application by 4:30 p.m. on July 6, 2018, to:
The Hiring Committee
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
173-202 Manitoba Street
Bracebridge, Ontario P1L 1S3
Telephone: (705) 645-2262 Fax: (705) 645-7473 Email: email@example.com
Canadian Mental Health Association Muskoka – Parry Sound (CMHAMPS) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Qualified consumers/survivors and/or family members are encouraged to apply.
We retain all applications submitted for one year after the closing date of this posting for consideration in any future postings.
As part of our commitment to Accessibility, if you wish this information in a different format, please contact our office at 705-645-2262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Guideline Development Methodologist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Program Coordinator, Collaborative BScN Program -…
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Case Manager Registered Nurse
Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
Interior Health Authority
Coordinator – Community Withdrawal Support and Op…
Addiction Services of Thames Valley - 330984