Position Title: Clinical Educator
Job Class: Clinical Educator
Dept/Program: Professional Practice
Rate of Pay: $39.99 - $48.94
Employment Type: Full Time
Employee Group: OPSEU
Work Schedule: 37.50 hours weekly as per schedule
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Date: June 14th, 2018
The Director of Professional Practice is currently seeking a Clinical Educator. The purpose of the position is to contribute to the quality of patient care through roles of advanced practitioner, educator, researcher and consultant and promote a culture of respect, continuous learning, and professional development. The role includes individual and group training and skill modeling through direct clinical practice, working collaboratively with stakeholders, and supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of educational programs.
- Conducts learning needs assessments and/or other methodologies for individuals, groups and/or the organization, based on professional nursing and leading practice standards
- Designs, implements and delivers specialized educational events/programs (e.g. orientation, refreshers, etc) based on the principles of adult learning for Waypoint staff, students, community agencies and the general public
- Works collaboratively with the leadership team, Waypoint’s clinical and support programs and Professional Practice Leaders in support of initiatives and issues related to clinical practice and patient safety
- Provides service as a professional practice consultant, guide, resource and/or mentor for individuals, groups and/or programs
- Facilitates and participates in the development, maintenance and review of program wide, evidence based clinical policies and procedures, including the evaluation of nursing practice to ensure patient care is current and evidenced based
- In good standing with applicable professional college or applicable association (e.g. College of Nurses of Ontario, Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, Therapeutic Recreation Ontario); preference for membership in a regulated college
- Baccalaureate degree in a health discipline field
- Education and/or experience in Teaching and Training Adults
- Minimum five years’ experience in mental health; leadership in professional development for clinical employees as well as experience with individual counselling, psychosocial support and facilitating psycho-educational groups
- Preference for experience with MEDITECH 6.15
- Demonstrated experience with clinical research and evaluation methodology
- Demonstrated experience with facilitation, presentation and adult education practices
- Proven success with risk management and security practices within a mental health clinical setting
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, Waypoint Values, and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Preference for proficiency in French/English language skills
How do I apply?
Waypoint employees apply through the Employee Self-Service portal at https://employees.waypointcentre.ca and external applicants apply to www.waypointcentre.ca/careers quoting Job ID WC18-146. Please note: this competition will remain opened until filled. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued and respected. Waypoint offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, due to high volumes only those selected for an interview will be contacted.