Clinical Compliance Lead
Trillium Gift of Life Network (TGLN) is an agency of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care responsible for the coordination of organ and tissue donation and transplantation in Ontario. Our mandate includes increasing public awareness of the importance of organ and tissue donation, education of health care professionals, and ensuring a safe and effective donation and transplant system in Ontario. Working collaboratively with our stakeholders and fostering organizational and individual growth, we value honesty, trust, respect and compassion.
TGLN is currently seeking a highly motivated Clinical Compliance Lead. Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement, this position will be responsible for managing the complete organ and tissue chart auditing program as well as conducting incident investigations and improvement projects. This position will also be responsible for providing training, guidance and problem-solving support to staff involved with chart auditing and documentation publishing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages complete organ and tissue chart audit program, which includes ensuring chart accuracy and completion, compliance, assignment of charts and resolution of technical chart-related issues;
• Reviews the donor charts for trends, gathers statistics and generates reports using graphical tools;
• Presents findings from the chart audit trends identified to the Quality team and other Clinical Managers/Directors;
• Investigates, documents and reports Quality System non-conformances, deviations and incidents;
• Conducts corrective and preventative action report investigations.
• Determines if a chart can be closed based upon established TGLN, AATB and Health Canada criteria;
• Develops metrics/measurements that monitor key performance indicator metrics and provides visibility into process effectiveness and support for root cause analysis;
• Conducts regular quality audits to gauge internal performance and stakeholder satisfaction with appropriate follow-up;
• Collaborates with quality team/other key resources to develop procedures, processes and tools to assist staff in the understanding of quality and clinical processes;
• Provides training and pertinent documentation for staff when TGLN Quality processes change;
• Participates in the planning and execution of both regulatory and registrar audits and in continuous improvement projects;
• Provides back-up support to the Quality Specialist for Health Canada reporting;
• Performs other duties consistent with the role profile as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• University degree in health sciences or related field;
• Minimum three (3) years’ combined experience reviewing complex clinical charts for completeness, accuracy and compliance to a recognized standard and conducting clinical incident investigations;
• Experience working in a hospital or another organization in the care of patients;
• Previous experience in a role which provided clinical oversight and guidance to staff;
• Advanced knowledge and application of the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) methodology;
• Demonstrated experience in developing process instruction documentation;
• Demonstrated experience in conducting internal audits preferred;
• Strong interpersonal skills needed to communicate verbally and in writing to clinical staff;
• Experience in utilizing performance monitoring systems to successfully track and analyze key quality performance improvement indicators.
• Ability to multi-task several initiatives, while ensuring that all projects are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality expectations;
• Working knowledge of the healthcare environment and the organ/tissue donation processes;
• Working knowledge of Health Canada regulations and AATB Standards, preferred;
• Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio;
Please submit your application online.
Trillium Gift of Life Network is committed to providing accommodations in the recruitment process for job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise Human Resources if you require assistance in applying to this position due to a disability, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). Please let us know at email@example.com.
Trillium Gift of Life Network thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants considered for this posting will be contacted.
Please submit your application online.