Manager, Nursing Professional Practice and Education
We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff needs to do their best work.
Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an interprofessional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day.
If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
Manager – Nursing Professional Practice and Education – Permanent Full Time (MNP-0719)
The Manager of Nursing Professional Practice and Education will provide leadership and strategic direction to interdisciplinary practice and quality care provision for various health disciplines practicing within the Runnymede Healthcare Centre. The Manager of Nursing Professional Practice and Education will lead the development and implementation of best practice through collaboration with professional practice leaders, professional colleges, academic programs.
- Responsible for the overall management of academic affiliations, education, research, inter-professional practice, employee competency development and ethics across the facility.
- Accountable for the implementation of professional practice initiatives and programs that are reflective of all professions within the organization. This role also acts as a mentor and role model for clinical educators.
- Accountable for the overall day to day administrative, human resource, financial and management of education, professional practice and academic partnerships
- Ensures organizational initiatives are completed in accordance with the strategic direction of Runnymede Healthcare Centre (RHC), applicable legislation, corporate policies
- Accountable for ensuring assigned initiatives are accomplished, sustained, measured, continuously monitored and evaluated
- Keeps the Director of Nursing abreast and informed of any issues, concerns occurring on the patient care floors via verbal and or written reports in a timely manner
- Share implementation of initiatives on evenings/nights/weekends/statutory holidays with the Director of Nursing
- Ensure processes are in place and that all employed health professionals abide by regulatory and standards outlined by professional organizations
- Identify improvement strategies for staff compliance with documentation standards
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining and evaluating nursing practice requirements
- Facilitate, assist or lead complaints and professional practice concerns or issues
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Baccalaureate degree and a Master's degree in Nursing (BScN & MScN)
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing
- Actively involved in professional organizations associated with professional nursing practice, such as Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO), Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) and College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Knowledge of current professional practice issues and care delivery systems
- 5 or more years of clinical experience in an Acute Care or Rehabilitation/Complex Continuing Care Hospital at increasing levels of responsibility in nursing practice domains, including; education, administration, and policy, or equivalent
- 3 years recent managerial or leadership experience preferred
- Active involvement in own continuing education and professional association
- Proficient with Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.