The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing on-going health care services including consultation and education to consumers and their teams. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Registered Nurse shall assist in planning, coordinating and monitoring the health care needs of consumers supported by CDBA Ontario Chapter.
The Registered Nurse may perform a wide variety of tasks while on shift, including but not limited to: Reviewing, developing and maintaining medication protocols and care plans for consumers; Providing direct and indirect nursing care to individuals in accordance with the College of Nurses' standards of nursing practice; Designing and conducting training in the areas of universal health precautions, infection prevention and control, medication administration and all other related trainings as deemed required by CDBA Ontario Chapter;Providing on-going communication and information to consumers and be comfortable working 1:1 with individuals who are Deafblind in their home and community environments; Maintaining documentation about consumers' health and preventative health (vaccines, G-tube changes etc.).
Education and Related Experience
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Nursing; Current registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Province of Ontario;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in working in a similar nursing role;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in working with individuals with a development disability;
- Working knowledge of Regulated Health Professionals Act;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with a strong client service orientation.Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Solid time management, attention to detail and organizational skills. Adaptable and flexible with an ability to respond to changing work priorities, pressure and demands.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite is preferred, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Employment as an Registered Nurse (RN) is conditional upon receipt of a successful Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance
- Proof of current registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) with no restrictions on practice
- This position requires a valid driver's license Class G, access to a reliable vehicle, a clean current drivers abstract and the ability to obtain automobile insurance with a minimum liability of two million dollars.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
- The position is primarily performed in a changing work environment, which includes residential and public / community settings.
- Salaried position based on 40 hours / week, with flexibility to work evenings & weekends.
- Regular travel is required within Ontario.
- Regular requirement for low-intensity mental, visual or aural concentration
- Occasional requirement for heavy physical exertion, including the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (e.g. carrying laundry or operating cleaning equipment, such as a vacuum) or push consumers in a wheelchair.
CDBA offers a generous compensation package and a variety of opportunities for personal development, including:
- A competitive wage and benefit plan including a health spending account
- 4 paid sick days/year
- An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings
- Paid training to attend our world class Intervenor Services training program, sign language classes and relevant workshops
- Hotel accommodation (when necessary), meal and mileage reimbursement for travel expenses
- Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after 1 year of service
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops in the community and abroad
If you are interested in the Registered Nurse (Full Time) role with us in Kingston apply with your resume and cover letter apply now through our website at the link below!!!
Please quote job KRNFT051418 in your cover letter when applying.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. The Canadian Deafblind Association Ontario Chapter is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by the CDBA Ontario Chapter regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
More search results
Guideline Development Methodologist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Program Coordinator, Collaborative BScN Program -…
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Case Manager Registered Nurse
Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
Interior Health Authority
Coordinator – Community Withdrawal Support and Op…
Addiction Services of Thames Valley - 330984