Copernicus Lodge is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care & services to our aging community that offers a holistic and resident-focused approach. Located in the heart of the Roncesvalles community in west end Toronto, Copernicus Lodge provides a continuum of care in a predominantly Polish, Roman Catholic environment to meet the changing needs of our seniors through our Adult Day Program, 200 independent, affordable self-care apartments including a Supportive Housing program, and our 228 bed Long Term Care home. Copernicus Lodge is currently seeking a: REGISTERED RN (Part-Time).
Key Areas of Responsibility
As per College of Nurses of Ontario standards, accountable for
- Supporting the plan of care of residents who are medically stable, with predictable outcomes
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of residents who have become unstable, and/or have unpredictable outcomes
- Medication administration
- Support of RPN and unregistered staff in care delivery
- Revising assignments that reflect changing resident care needs
- Consulting with external care providers – such as – but not limited to - attending physicians, mental health and geriatric practitioners
- Ensure that documentation captures the visitation and discussion regarding resident/family care
- Family support and education
- Expertise in using care planning software (e.g. PointClickCare) to document resident care
- Ensure that computerized care plans are current
- Collaborate with PSW and RPN staff to ensure the accuracy of MDS, care plans and other assessments
- Ensure that RAI requirements are met, including completing assigned MDS
- Participate in audits as required – including hand hygiene, and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by DOC/ADOC
- Member in Good standing of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Post-secondary Certification or training in gerontology or related fields, is desirable
- Current CPR Certification.
- Knowledge of Polish language and customs is an asset
- Minimum one-year experience as an RN in Geriatrics.
- Flexible and demonstrated ability to work with a variety of care providers
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Possesses management and communication skills.
- Able to work shifts/flexible hours including weekends.
Please click the link below to apply:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Copernicus Lodge will consider and provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Copernicus Lodge of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All information collected will be protected under applicable privacy requirements.
We would like to thank all applicants for the submission of their application for potential employment. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Guideline Development Methodologist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Program Coordinator, Collaborative BScN Program -…
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Case Manager Registered Nurse
Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
Interior Health Authority
Coordinator – Community Withdrawal Support and Op…
Addiction Services of Thames Valley - 330984