Nurse Practitioner– Permanent full-time
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) collaborates with members of an interdisciplinary health team to provide primary health care services with a strong emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, patient education and community development. Specific functional areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to) health assessment, diagnosis, therapeutics (pharmacological, complementary and counseling interventions), and the development of treatment plans in collaboration with the client, family, and other GRCHC staff as required.
- Council of Ontario University Program in Nursing Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program Certificate (or recognized equivalent)
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing required, Master of Science in Nursing preferred
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Primary Health Care NP required
- Current Membership with RNAO and evidence of liability insurance
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Ability to work autonomously as part of a multi-disciplinary primary healthcare team.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
- Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience and knowledge of electronic medical record
A competitive salary and benefits (including HOOPP) are offered.
To pursue this opportunity, please send your resume and covering letter to Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be submitted no later than May 28, 2018. We appreciate your interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.