Supervisor, Cardiology (Full-Time)
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Supervisor, Cardiology (Full-Time)
The Supervisor is an experienced clinician who works under the direction of the Manager and works with the manger and CRL as the leaders of Cardiology and is responsible for coordinating the delivery of high quality inter-professional care safely and consistently on an assigned unit. This is achieved through continuous supervision and coaching of team members to promote care that is patient centered, timely and efficient. The Supervisor champions best practices and uses clinical expertise to lead and enable an inter-professional team in quality and process improvement initiatives and facilitates change to meet the needs of our patients and their families. The Supervisor is the first point of contact and resource for staff, patients and families. This position supports and empowers staff by contributing to the identification of learning and developmental needs and participating in ongoing training and orientation of staff in the unit of responsibility. The Supervisor develops communication strategies for the unit in collaboration with the Manager, and facilitates discussion between team members and other health care professionals to ensure consistent patient care across all shifts. The incumbent contributes to corporate initiatives and efforts to enhance Michael Garron Hospital’s mission, values and goals.
- Undergraduate degree in Clinical discipline.
- BSCN preferred.
- Current certificate of competence issued by the discipline's licensing body in Ontario.
- Experience in leadership roles in the field of nursing/healthcare.
- 5 years recent and related clinical experience in an acute care role.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with leading and mentoring staff to achieve desired performance outcomes.
-Experience identifying educational needs and contributing to development of learning plans and tools.
- Experience with performance management an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning and effectiveness in promoting the value of learning to staff.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy, sensitivity, compassion and mutual respect toward team.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
- Flexible, organized and self-directed; has initiative and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve with proven critical and creative thinking skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of patient/staff scheduling systems, payroll systems, workload management systems.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with competence in Microsoft Office.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating CARD1802 – Supervisor, Cardiology in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
More search results
Guideline Development Methodologist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Program Coordinator, Collaborative BScN Program -…
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Case Manager Registered Nurse
Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
Interior Health Authority
Coordinator – Community Withdrawal Support and Op…
Addiction Services of Thames Valley - 330984