The Ministry of Education, Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf and Sagonaska Demonstration School requires a Nurse Supervisor, to provide nursing and emergency health care services to students who are Deaf, hard of hearing, learning disabled and who may have multiple exceptionalities.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Provide professional nursing services and health and wellness education;
- Supervise the health care program and arrange schedules for nursing staff;
- Organize and maintain appropriate health records;
- Assess the students’ conditions, arrange appointments for students and implement medical treatment plans;
- Prepare, administer and dispense medication;
- Contribute to a case management multi-disciplinary team approach;
- Provide health care information and resources.
How do I qualify?
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in Ontario;
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of general nursing theories, practices, procedures and College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Practice;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, including Regulated Health Professions Act and Health Care Consent Act;
- Sound judgement, organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively and resolve conflict;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and American Sign Language (ASL) to communicate effectively with students, parents, staff and other professionals;
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Knowledge of students with disabilities;
- Ability to lift while transferring/assisting students;
- Ability to work shifts.
Salary range: $33.74 - $41.02 per hour
- 1 Temporary- Seasonal, duration up to 10 months, 350 Dundas St W, Belleville, East Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one document (not exceeding five pages), clearly identifying competition number PDSB18-014 (Job ID 119820), by no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 12, 2018, to: PSBjobs@ontario.ca. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at PSBjobs@ontario.ca to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Guideline Development Methodologist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Program Coordinator, Collaborative BScN Program -…
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Case Manager Registered Nurse
Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
Interior Health Authority
Coordinator – Community Withdrawal Support and Op…
Addiction Services of Thames Valley - 330984