Clinical Geriatrics Specialist
The Clinical Geriatric Specialist is responsible for researching clinical best practices and translating it into executable content to be deployed electronically for front line clinicians. This role is involved in new and creative knowledge and technological solutions. The successful candidate will be a flexible professional that has a strong knowledge base from working with seniors in long term care homes, and understands the clinical care priorities and workflows of homes across Ontario.
- Clinical Authoring: Build and maintain evidence-based clinical tools such as nursing assessments, protocols, clinical pathways, and other decision support documents for front line clinicians.
- Research: Synthesis of medical literature and moving research/evidentiary materials into usable formats for front line clinicians and organization to apply practically.
- Team Support: Collaborate across internal teams including Client Services, Product Management, and Engineering to develop and implement leading-edge EHR solutions and products.
- Continuous quality improvement of clinical content, critically analyzing, incorporating, and organizing client and user feedback.
- Independently manage tasks, including development of assigned products and clinical tools, in alignment with Think Research’s quality standards.
- Minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience as an RN/NP in long term care settings. Postgraduate clinical degree preferred.
- Experience and high comfort level in working with EHR’s in long term care homes.
- Strong organizational skills and the proven ability to manage multiple projects, workflows and timelines.
- Experience with using an electronic reference manager to provide appropriate content citations.
- Very strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Visio) and Google applications.
- Experience with writing clinical content; including developing front-line tools, clinical protocols, and/or care pathways.
- In-depth knowledge of the health care systems and policies; in particular the application of quality improvement and regulatory/legislative standards that apply to Long Term Care.
- Practical knowledge of patient flow processes and work flow processes in homes.