ADVANCED PRACTICE CLINICIAN / NURSE PRACTITIONER
ADVANCED PRACTICE CLINICIAN / NURSE PRACTITIONER (APC/NP)
One Year Contract – Part Time Position (Job Sharing – 2.5 days a week)
Through the TC LHIN Urban Telemedicine Initiative, the Jean Tweed Centre wishes to hire an Advanced Practice Clinician Nurse Practitioner. This initiative is in partnership with Mainstay Housing, the YWCA Elm Centre, and Toronto Western Hospital.
Using in depth nursing knowledge, educator skills, research and clinical expertise, the APC/NP will ensure the provision of care to women with substance use and concurrent disorders. This role will focus on the timely provision of non-urgent assessments in person or via Telemedicine for clients participating at the three partner sites. The APC/NP will work with program/project leads counsellors and consulting physicians/psychiatry to develop a collaborative culture of client centered care as well as training/coaching to ensure collaborative quality care responses and follow-up.
- Provide direct clinical assessments, consultations and primary care at designated sites;
- Determine need for immediate assistance, i.e. emergency room or other care;
- Maintains documentation processes & protocols;
- Collaborate with members of inter-professional teams and community agencies to support timely and comprehensive service;
- Utilizes highly developed communication skills and leadership role in engaging staff & stakeholders in the development implementation & evaluation of Urban Telemedicine initiative;
- Provides education coaching and support to enhance a culture focused on safety, learning, professional development, and innovation;
- Identifies opportunities to influence health policy related to initiative;
- Supports the dissemination of research, knowledge and practice innovation and will engage in selection of measures, collection and analysis of data, report writing in relation to program indicators; and
- Critiques, interprets, and applies research findings to enhance clinical excellence.
- Registered Nurse with advanced preparation at the graduate level in Primary Care or Adult Nursing from a recognized university program.
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario with advanced certification (RN Extended Class).
- Certifications in mental health and or substance use an asset.
- Membership in professional organization(s) in nursing such as RNAO.
- Current BCLS certificate required.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years clinical experience, hospital/community health setting, including 2 years working with substance abuse and/or mental health.
- Working knowledge/skill with adult education techniques.
- Advanced knowledge/skill regarding patient safety, change leadership, project management and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of technology and required computer skills.
- Experience with Telemedicine uses an asset.
- Experience working in advanced clinical practice in primary care or emergency care of women with substance abuse and/or mental health concerns.
Statement of Inclusion:
The Jean Tweed Centre recognizes and values the rich diversity of Canadian society and specifically the women, children and families we serve. We are committed to working from an inclusive and holistic anti-oppression framework to assist women and their families from various cultures, racialized groups, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities.
Application deadline for submitting a Cover Letter and Resume: March 26, 2018 @ 9:00 a.m.
Direct application to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any material or processes used to ensure your equal participation.