Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Registered Nurse (Permanent Full-Time)
As the Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for the provision of comprehensive psychiatric nursing care, including assessment of patients and families, group therapies, discharge planning and coordination.
- Registered Nurse with current certificate of Registration issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- BScN preferred.
- CNA certification preferred.
- Completion of, or working towards the CNA Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing Certificate.
- 2 years Mental Health Nursing experience either in Inpatient, Outpatient, Community-Based, or a combination required.
- Demonstrated excellence in both psychiatric and medical nursing diagnosis, assessment, intervention, and evaluation processes.
- Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act/Mental Health Reform.
- Ability to articulate clearly the philosophy of client centered care, recovery, and harm reduction strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of counseling and therapeutic techniques.
- Excellent understanding of psychotropic medication.
- Demonstrated excellence in the Assessment of Mental Status, including Suicide Risk Assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Must be willing to work in all areas of the Health Service (skills & abilities considered).
- Commitment to on-going professional development and/or education.
- A demonstrated willingness to be flexible and work all shifts as required.
- Computer competency required.
- Maintains competence relative to current practice.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating IPMHP1712 in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
More search results
Guideline Development Methodologist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Program Coordinator, Collaborative BScN Program -…
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Case Manager Registered Nurse
Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
Interior Health Authority
Coordinator – Community Withdrawal Support and Op…
Addiction Services of Thames Valley - 330984