IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. North York General Hospital is part of North York Toronto Health Partners, a collaborative partnership with patients, primary care, and community partners, a first- generation Ontario Health Team, driving the development of a locally integrated health system to serve the community. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
**** We are actively hiring for Part-Time Regular and Full-Time Regular positions with required 12 hour shifts, day and night shifts, including weekends, in the Emergency department.***
The hospital partners with 36 different academic institutions, including the University of Toronto, to prepare future physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to work in interprofessional teams, providing essential care in a community hospital setting. As a learning organization, NYGH is committed to developing its people. We support each person on their journey to be the best they can be, focusing on delivering excellent patient care and high-quality service
Registered Nurse, Emergency
Your goal in this position is to provide excellent patient and family driven care, in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers, with an emphasis on the assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of patient health. You’re a great relationship builder, and foster close contacts with peers across the entire organization. You have great interpersonal skills, and effortlessly connect with physicians, staff, patients, and families. This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
Great Registered Nurses are:
- Organized – they embrace the challenge of prioritizing patient care demands in a fast paced environment, and are eager to engage with new challenges every single day
- Great Communicators – they communicate effectively with colleagues, staff, volunteers and families
- Decisive – at the end of the day, they have the ability to make the big decisions, to take ownership of their actions, and use their critical thinking and problem solving skills in the best interests of the patient
- Safety Conscious – they know that keeping everyone safe and healthy is the highest priority, and follow all H&S policies and guidelines
- Committed – they embrace our learning culture and demonstrate ongoing commitment to professional development to enhance their knowledge and skills
On a practical level, you will
- Demonstrate the ability to function to the full scope of nursing practice per the College of Nurse of Ontario
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with patients/clients, families and other members of the health care team
- Think critically, set priorities and organize work in response to client/patient needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of transfers and lifts
- Be committed to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
- Assume a leadership/charge role with demonstrated evidence of self- motivation regarding continuing education in areas of patient assessment, patient education and related Clinical Specialties
- Foster good public relations and working relationships in a family centered care environment
- Demonstrate your ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations
- Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification (BCLS)
- 2 years Emergency, Critical Care or Telemetry nursing experience or 3 years Medical and Surgical nursing experience, preferred
- I.V. initiation, Phlebotomy and Electrocardiogram interpretation skills, preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Paediatric Advanced Life Support, Trauma Nursing Core Course, and Emergency Nursing
- Paediatric Course, preferred
- Critical Care or Emergency Certificate, preferred
- Experience in Pediatrics, Mental Health, preferred
- Bilingualism in French/English is an asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. We are actively hiring for Part-Time Regular and Full-Time Regular positions with required 12 hour shifts, day and night shifts, including weekends, in the Emergency department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
- Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
- We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga