Nipissing Serenity Hospice is currently accepting applications for the position of Manager of Clinical Care.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is a 10-bed, bilingual, residential hospice located in North Bay, Ontario serving the residents of the Nipissing and East Parry Sound Districts. The Hospice provides around the clock palliative care by an expert multi-disciplinary team in a peaceful setting for people of all ages at the end of life. Support is also extended to caregivers and families. At Nipissing Serenity Hospice we strive to ensure compassion, comfort and dignity at end of life.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Manager of Clinical Care (MCC) provides leadership to the clinical care staff in the day-to-day operations of Nipissing Serenity Hospice (NSH) and plays an integral role in terms of planning and policy development, quality assurance, strategy and growth.
- BScN with Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Canadian Nursing Association Hospice Palliative Care Nurse Certificate (CHPCN(C)) or commitment to attain during the first year of employment.
- In-depth understanding and five years of clinical experience in Hospice Palliative Care.
- Three years management experience including leadership, administration, supervision of staff and volunteers, program development/evaluation, inventory control, risk management, health & safety.
- Positive approach to client service and a demonstrated capacity for empathy.
- Knowledge and experience in working with palliative care clients and their families.
- Knowledge of interdisciplinary patient care processes, commitment to teamwork, and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Experience in working with a wide variety of community service providers.
- Consultative team-based management style and strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication and ability to provide clear direction.
- Ability to work independently, to exercise sound judgement, to make appropriate decisions, and to accept responsibility for outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and to be on-call as needed.
- Ability to provide clinical nursing support as needed.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Valid Driver’s License, use of reliable vehicle, and willingness to travel.
- Provision of Police Record check.
- Effective bilingual (English/French) communication skills, both verbal and written, is an asset.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Program Development
- Planning and Policy Development
- Clinical Care
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Management
- Health & Safety
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Education/Sharing Knowledge
- Community Relationships
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage all candidates with the required combination of experience, skills and education to send résumés and cover letters by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain active until we find the right candidate, however, early application is favourable. Please let us know if you would like a copy of the full detailed job description.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with our Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Nipissing Serenity Hospice’s hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga