Nipissing Serenity Hospice is currently accepting applications for the full-time and part-time Registered Nurses (RN).
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is a 10-bed, bilingual, residential hospice located in North Bay, Ontario serving the residents of the Nipissing and East Parry Sound Districts. The Hospice provides around the clock palliative care by an expert multi-disciplinary team in a peaceful setting for people of all ages at the end of life. Support is also extended to caregivers and families. At Nipissing Serenity Hospice we strive to ensure compassion, comfort and dignity at end of life.
This role will appeal to a dynamic and experienced regulated health care professional who values hospice palliative care and who is eager to support a growing organization and an energetic team. Reporting to the Manager of Clinical Care, the RN will be responsible, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, for providing professional, evidence-based client-centred care for individuals staying at the Hospice. The RN will be holistic and ethical in interactions with residents, families and colleagues, and make sound judgements based on experience, knowledge and scope of practice.
- BScN with Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Demonstrates and maintains competence and standards of care in relation to knowledge (both a broad base knowledge and a depth of knowledge in palliative care), critical thinking and technical skills and strive to improve the quality of his/her dimension of practice as per the CNO reflective practice.
- Proven leadership in an RN role.
- Is caring and ethical in interactions with residents, families and colleagues. Supports an inclusive environment that is culturally sensitive and assuring that privacy, confidentiality and dignity are maintained.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have completed: LEAP, Fundamentals of Palliative Care or equivalent educational courses in another jurisdiction.
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience working with hospice palliative care.
- Evidence of a demonstrated client centred approach to care and ability to work with families.
- Self-motivated, results orientated, personable and charismatic, well organized, diplomatic, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Participates in mandatory education/training in-services for skill development, self-care, team work and updates on new and/or relevant information on best practices.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external team members.
- Ability to work a variety of 12 hour shifts including nights. Flexibility around scheduling changes; ability to pick up shifts on short notice.
- Physical and emotional ability and stamina to provide personal and clinical care to residents.
- Dedication to safety measures and best practices
- Provision of Police Record check.
- Effective bilingual (English/French) communication skills, both verbal and written, is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage all candidates with the right skill mix and abilities to please send résumés and cover letters by email to email@example.com.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with our Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Nipissing Serenity Hospice’s hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga