The Hamilton General Hospital (HGH), as part of the HHS family, is the regional center of excellence in cardiovascular and stroke care, providing service to a population of 2.3 million residents within the Central South region of Ontario and beyond. We treat highly complex patients who are increasingly elderly with co-morbidities. This service is provided by five leading, independent groups: cardiology, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, stroke and thrombosis. Each of these services delivers highly skilled tertiary and quaternary care, provides Royal College Accredited training programs, and conducts world renowned research.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Nurse coordinates and evaluates patient care and provides nursing care according to the job description and standards of practice for Registered Nurses in the ICU.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse or eligible for registration
2. Current BCLS certification
3. Recent (2 years) experience in critical care nursing
4. Recent (2 years) experience and ability in ECG interpretations, pressure monitoring, airway management and mechanical ventilators
5. Demonstrated knowledge of patient care requirements and critical care standards for the assessment and management of the critically ill and/or injured adult
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing care planning process and evidence of the ability to utilize problem-solving and critical thinking techniques effectively in an ICU setting
7. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, teamwork and leadership skills
8. Demonstrated ability to perform well in critical high stress situations
9. Critical Care Certificate or evidence of current work in progress preferred
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga