Education Team Lead
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- Toronto, ON
- $105,269 - $126,323
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Work Setting
- Other - Work Setting
- Toronto, ON
Job Title: Education Team Lead
Job Status: Temporary (24 months)
Supervises the team’s work activities by providing staff oversight, support, coaching and consultation; reviews quality of work, identifies strategies to facilitate success and ensures team contribution achieve organizational goals.
Facilitates education team projects and collaborates with other areas of the College and external stakeholders to complete deliverables. Monitors team’s performance and operational plans to ensure the KPI’s and strategic goals are met.
Team Lead Functions 35%
Plans and supervises staff work activities to accomplish team goals – achieved by:
- Assigns and delegates routine and non-routine tasks and activities to others, aligned with team and organizational plans; establishes clear expectations and timelines; monitors progress against expectations
- Provides day-to-day functional guidance to others, including feedback and coaching to enhance contributions based on observations or discussions with manager; provides orientation / training to new staff and supplemental training, as needed
- Provides input for performance assessments by working with manager to identify performance standards and goals for each job; supports staff to understand performance expectations; recommends mid-year and annual performance ratings with rationale; completes documents in UKG
- Participates in hiring staff by planning recruitment activities with HR, conducting initial interviews, and recommending preferred candidates to the hiring manager
- Responds to requests from staff for time away from work, applying CNO policies and considering appropriate staffing levels to carry out functions
Education Program Coordination 65%
- Provides consultation and assistance to team members and throughout CNO regarding nursing education matters
- Leads the planning, development and implementation of team initiatives and projects; monitors progress to ensure project objectives are met; works with staff to identify risks and opportunities to ensure successful completion of deliverables.
- Assists the Manager in preparing an annual budget and monitors expenditures ensuring within budget constraints; reports on major discrepancies.
- Works in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders by leading or participating in initiatives and quality improvement processes to advance the operational and strategic goals of the team and organization.
- Conducts regular review of workflow/ resources needs and brings to the attention of Manager and/or Director; identifies opportunities for improvement and currency with best practices to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
- In collaboration with team staff, develops, updates and implements processes and procedures, and ensures on-going review to ensure compliance with related legislation and other related CNO internal policies and procedures
- Supports the ongoing collection and retention of accurate and reliable data regarding education processes, team efficiency, and other related areas.
- Monitors trends using data analysis, identifies emerging issues, gathers stakeholder feedback and makes recommendations as part of administering and improving ETP processes
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in Nursing is required with a graduate degree in Nursing or related field
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience that utilized knowledge of nursing education in Ontario, education assessment, quality improvement, performance measurement and project management.
- Demonstrated competencies in project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience providing direction and supervision to staff, including reviewing work and providing constructive tactical feedback that improves performance
- Project Management certification is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing education and assessment of education outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation pertaining to entry to practice, scope of practice i.e., Regulated Health Professions Act, Nursing Act and related regulations
- Knowledge of Entry to Practice Competencies and curriculum development and assessment.
- Knowledge of quality improvement principles and project management methodologies
- Sound judgement and excellent analytical skills; willingness and ability to acquire and apply knowledge about CNO policies and practices related to investigations function and team leadership Good knowledge of adult learning principles and their application
- Proficient in MS Office such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of employment law practices (Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.) and CNO’s HR policies and procedures regarding hiring and termination, discipline, discrimination and harassment; knowledge of internal policies and procedures within the team and across the College to ensure team operations run smoothly
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively establish and maintain professional relationships with all levels of the organization and stakeholders; ability to lead and influence others to engage and motivate the team to achieve common goals;
- Strong presentation and communication skills to convey information clearly and ensure a smooth flow of information within the team
- Ability to plan work activities, manage competing priorities, identify critical tasks, organize and prioritize work activities to meet deadlines and see projects through to completion; ability to identify tasks that are appropriate to be delegated
- Ability to recognize and identify potential problems, using appropriate tools for resolution and implementation; with critical thinking skills to deal with complex situations and guide employees in creative problem-solving
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to build and maintain a supportive and motivating work environment; ability to provide constructive and positive feedback, apply different strategies to deal with performance issues; manage and resolve conflict
- Being aware of workplace diversity and understanding the differences and impact on the workplace to create an inclusive and productive work environment where individual differences are respected and valued
Hiring Range: $105,269 - $109,947
Full Salary Range: $105,269 - $126,323
Please submit cover letter and resume by October 15, 2021 at 4.00 pm EST via UKG
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. CNO offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity or testing, please let us know if you require accommodation.
Thank you for your interest. No agencies, please.
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga