Part Time Registered Nurse Position’s - Dialysis Unit
You became a Registered Nurse because…
You want to make an impact.
You believe in the power of compassionate care.
You need to channel your intelligence towards helping others.
You are passionate about teamwork.
You have strength beyond measure.
This is your chance.
William Osler Health System invites you to answer the call to make a difference. Your community needs your skills, your compassion, and your energy.
With a focus on collaboration, access to leaders in their field as mentors, paid professional development opportunities, and a flexible, supportive environment, Osler is the place for healthcare professionals to achieve their career goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment.
A hospital built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services and unit sizes to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training, and promotion. With a leadership team led by our CEO, an ER physician who has been on the front-lines, driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries, everyone here is appreciated for their contribution in bringing our values to life, fostering innovation in assessments and treatments, and supporting the well-being of their patients and each other.
Who we are
Osler is committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in an environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. We believe that, together, we can create a stronger, more unified health care system for people across our region.
One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for the ninth year in a row in 2021 for its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for the eighth time in 2019, Osler provides a leading healthcare network to grow your career. A multi-site hospital system that serves 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities, we offer employees incredible exposure and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game. Our patient-centric focus is demonstrated across our locations, all uniquely designed to support both the practical aspects of access to compassionate, cutting-edge health care, as well as the way patients and visitors feel.
Registered Nurse – Twenty Three (23) Part Time
N. Hemodialysis Day - Brampton Civic Hospital
POSTING NUMBER: OSLER12376
HOURS: Currently Days/Evenings, 8 and 12 hour shifts, including on call, weekends and statutory holidays (Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements).
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a regulated health care professional who is accountable and responsible for providing quality patient focused nursing care to patients in the Hemodialysis Department. As part of the inter-professional health care team, the RN will practice according to the nursing practice expectations set by William Osler Health System, the regulatory practice standards of the College of Nurses and the legislative requirements set by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
• Current registration, and in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Sound knowledge of nursing process, theory, and responsibilities to the nursing profession
• BCLS required
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills required
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an inter-professional team
• Demonstrated knowledge of patient and family-centred care
• Demonstrated experience with patient and family health teaching required
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills required
• Demonstrated excellent customer service, organizational and critical-thinking skills required
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development as it applies to the profession and related field
• Demonstrated ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
• Exemplary clinical practice within an inter-professional team to develop appropriate strategies for patient care
• Ability to prioritize patient care needs and make autonomous decisions
• Excellent physical assessment skills required
• Ability to promote a healthy work environment and practice excellent Client Safety guidelines
• Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Must demonstrate Osler Values of Respect, Excellence, Service, Compassion, Innovation, and Collaboration
• May be required to travel and work between all Osler campuses
• Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
• Knowledge and understanding of information systems and technology
THE HEMODIALYSIS RN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Safe nursing practice in all aspects of the nursing process: Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care
• Compliance with policies and procedures associated with observations
• Professional, patient-centred care to ensure patient safety and physiological and psychological well-being, associated with creating a therapeutic relationship and environment
• Providing care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment.
• Practicing according to the infection control and prevention measures.
• Responding to emergency situations by recognizing changes in patient's health status and consulting appropriately when necessary using Transfer of Accountability principles
• Providing health teaching to patients and families including thorough discharge instructions to ensure the continuity of care in the community
• Experience within the last 5 years, with a minimum of 2 years in an Acute Care setting required
• Hemodialysis experience or Nephrology Certificate required or proof of enrollment required
• Completion and application of the Vascular Access Modules from the Ontario Renal Network is required
• Knowledge of the Nephrology Nursing Standards and Practice Recommendations and Canadian Association of Nephrology Nurses and Technologists (CANNT) as they relate to hemodialysis including all procedures pertaining to patient preparation, treatment and monitoring during and after procedure required
• Member of Canadian Association of Nephrology Nurses & Technicians preferred
• CNeph designation is preferred
• Prior to an interview, an 80% score on a Nephrology quiz must be obtained
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Joining Osler now is a chance to immerse yourself in a culturally diverse, collaborative, and innovative environment. You will play a key role building out a healthcare program that addresses the needs of people from all over the world and all levels of income, experiencing minor and life threatening injuries and diseases. As a major hospital system, we are home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country and you will broaden your expertise, increase your knowledge and your own adaptability, and gain endless opportunities for growth.
Come live our values - Respect, Excellence, Innovation, Service, Compassion and Collaboration - with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga