Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario's leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
The Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department is responsible for providing comprehensive direct nursing care for patients experiencing emergent, possibly life threatening illnesses or trauma. The ED RN specializes in rapid assessment, intervention and stabilization of a variety of illnesses and/or trauma for a diverse population of patients of all ages utilizing their advanced knowledge and critical thinking and problem solving skills. In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family and the health care team, the RN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates and coordinates treatment plans.
- Registered Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- ENC (Emergency Nursing Certificate) or CNA (Critical Care Certificate) preferred.
- Current BLS mandatory with completion of ACLS, PALS and NRP within 8 months of hire.
- Completion of Emergency or Critical Care nursing course an asset.
- Completion of Coronary Care I and II or equivalent an asset.
- Completion of OHA recognized CTAS (Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale) course preferred or must complete within 2 years of hire.
- ENPC (Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course) and TNCC (Trauma Nursing Course) preferred or willing to obtain within 18 months of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year recent ER nursing experience required.
- Critical care or recent consolidated emergency experience an asset.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the care of patients who require cardiac rhythm and 12 lead ECG interpretation.
- Competency in venipuncture and intravenous cannulation in adults and pediatric patients.
- Experience with mental health and pediatric populations an asset.
- Demonstrated advanced assessment, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to practice in self-directed manner and able to work independently under medical directives.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to function collaboratively within interdisciplinary team.
- Able to demonstrate skill competency within a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of principles of adults teaching, excellent teaching skills.
- Committed to continuing education and maintains competence relevant to current practice.
- Computer competency required.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- Leadership potential or interest in quality improvement an asset.
- Demonstrated adherence to nursing practice standards outlined by CNO and hospital standards.
- All employeesof Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
-Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
How To Apply
If you are ready to join MGH, please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca > Careers > Career Opportunities to apply to the role. Please mention "ER2157" on subject line if you are sending your application via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will be reviewing candidates as submitted, and therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga