Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of inpatient beds in the Medicine, Transitional Care and Senior′s Health program. We are seeking an innovative, self-directed, results-oriented professional who will demonstrate a visionary and collaborative leadership style. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the human and fiscal resources required to meet the patient care needs and integration of quality and patient safety initiatives. The successful candidate will have an integral role in program development, management of patient flow volumes, including wait times, and quality monitoring. The Manager will provide leadership and participate in the implementation of the strategic plan, including the implementation of program optimization recommendations at SHN. As a leader, the successful candidate will facilitate and promote professional practice to provide excellence in care consistent with patient and employee satisfaction. The successful candidate must have a passion for seniors care and the ability to think systematically (specifically with regards to the interactions of transitions to different levels of care and the community) and experience in working with multiple stakeholders such as Senior Care Network and LHIN Home and Community Care.
• Baccalaureate degree in clinical health related profession
• Master′s Degree preferred
• Current registration with a regulated health professional college
• Skills in LEAN quality improvement approach
• Proven clinical and administrative experience acute care including inpatient care and rehabilitation services
• 3-year minimum leadership experience
• Evidence of planning, analytical and organizational experience in a multi-disciplinary environment
• An interest in population health and research related projects
• Demonstrated ability to support and initiate quality management activities
• Strong business and financial management experience with thorough understanding of utilization management and benchmarking
• Ability to navigate ambiguity in a complex and fast-paced environment
• Proven success in managing, changing and transforming workplace culture
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
• Exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills, comfortable with Microsoft Excel
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga