LOOKING FOR A REWARDING EXPERIENCE IN THE COMMUNITY?
Join our incredible Nursing team today!
The Visiting Nurse (RPN / RN) will practice in accordance with legislation and the standards as determined by their regulatory body and the practice setting. They will have the knowledge to assess, select, implement and evaluate a wide range of nursing interventions to ensure consistent safe, competent and ethical care. Client groups receiving care may include Pediatrics or Adults with complex medical/health concerns. Care will take place within the community within a residential or institutional setting with referrals generated by a variety of sources including government agencies, employers, insurance companies or private payees.
Choose ParaMed for support, where we’ll provide you with paid orientation, mentorship, and ongoing training. Experience diversity and life long learning – where the skills that you learn contribute to making you a confident and accomplished care professional.
ParaMed takes great pride in the safety and well-being of all employees. We provide full access to Personal Protective Equipment as required to ensure both employees and patients are reassured of their safety throughout the delivery of care.
Permanent position. Full-time and Part-time availaible.
- Registration/licensing with provincial regulatory college, in good standing
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation including Mental Health Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Healthcare Consent Act, Privacy / Personal Health Information Act and others
- Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with clients and families to ensure that barriers to communication do not impact the clients ability to direct their own care process
- Effective skills in critical thinking and problem solving
- Knowledge of applicable community resources available for clients and families
- Current certification (within the past 12 mos) of First Aid, CPR, completed within Canada
- Able to provide a current, clear criminal background check including Vulnerable Screening (VPS)
- Obtains informed consent prior to and throughout service provision
- Working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources
- Provides safe, competent, compassionate and ethical nursing care to ensure the personal safety of clients
- Uses appropriate assessment tools and techniques in consultation with clients and the health care team to assess clients regarding physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, cognitive, developmental, environmental and social needs
- Engages client using a collaborative approach, building rapport and trust, achieving a mutual understanding and agreement to identify actual and potential client health care needs, strengths, capacities and goals.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate professional boundaries with clients and the health care team, including the distinction between social interaction and therapeutic relationships
- Participates in necessary care conferences with Health Care team
- Maintains the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe, efficient, effective care in all areas of practice by keeping abreast of changes in practice setting that affect scope of practice
- Maintains professional client records related to client encounters and plans in compliance with ParaMed’s policies and the standards applied by their regulatory body.
- Shows respect for cultural needs, dignity, privacy and confidentiality of clients
- Discharges client when goals have been achieved.
- Other duties as assigned
Incorporates federal and provincial laws and regulations, national and provincial standards to provide high quality, safe and ethical care to clients/patients i.e. Regulated Health Professionals Act. Assumes professional responsibility, thinks critically, demonstrates practical knowledge, engages in professional development, manages own practice and advocates within system on clients/patients’ behalf
This is a Union Position – Service Employees International Union Local 1 Canada
Union Classification: Registered Practical Nurse
Salary: LHIN Funded RPN Rates as per Collective Agreement
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga