You became a Nurse Practitioner because…
You want to make an impact.
You believe in the power of compassionate care.
You need to channel your intelligence towards helping others.
You are passionate about teamwork.
You have strength beyond measure.
This is your chance.
William Osler Health System invites you to answer the call to make a difference. Your community needs your skills, your compassion, and your energy.
With a focus on collaboration, access to leaders in their field as mentors, paid professional development opportunities, and a flexible, supportive environment, William Osler Health System is the place for healthcare professionals to achieve their career goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment.
A hospital built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services and unit sizes to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training, and promotion. With a leadership team led by our CEO, an ER physician who has been on the front-lines, driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries, everyone here is appreciated for their contribution in bringing our values to life, fostering innovation in assessments and treatments, and supporting the well-being of their patients and each other.
Who we are
William Osler Health System is committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in an environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. We believe that, together, we can create a stronger, more unified health care system for people across our region.
One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for the ninth year in a row in 2021 for its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for the eighth time in 2019, William Osler provides a leading healthcare network to grow your career. A multi-site hospital system that serves 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities, we offer employees incredible exposure and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game. Our patient-centric focus is demonstrated across our locations, all uniquely designed to support both the practical aspects of access to compassionate, cutting-edge health care, as well as the way patients and visitors feel.
Nurse Practitioner – One (1) Temporary Full Time
N. Oncology Chemotherapy Day – Brampton Civic Hospital
DURATION: Approximately 12 months or until previous incumbent returns
HOURS: Currently Days 8 hours
(Subject to change in accordance with the collective agreement)
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- In consultation/collaboration with the Oncology Program Medical Director and patient care team, the Nurse Practitioner engages in direct clinical practice by:
- Assessing patient needs
- Diagnosing and prescribing within approved medical directive protocols
- Monitoring patient progress, documenting and re-evaluating the patient’s plan of care
- Identifies clinical practice issues and demonstrates a high level of autonomy and expert skill to formulate clinical decisions and appropriately manage acute/chronic illness, promotes wellness and the educational needs for the acute oncology patient populations in the Oncology Urgent Clinic
- Engages in in-service activities and clinical teaching for the oncology patient care team where necessary
- Leads the development and implementation of corporate wide protocols related to the oncology patient
- Engages in evidence based practice through research
- Acts as consultant for the organization internally and externally to advise on systems related to the oncology population
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate required
- Current registration with the College of Nurses
- Minimum 2 years recent nursing experience in Oncology care
- Minimum 2 years ACNP experience in the Oncology field
- Excellent decision making, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computerized data management and statistical analysis
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Joining William Osler now is a chance to immerse yourself in a culturally diverse, collaborative, and innovative environment. You will play a key role building out a healthcare program that addresses the needs of people from all over the world and all levels of income, experiencing minor and life threatening injuries and diseases. As a major hospital system, we are home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country and you will broaden your expertise, increase your knowledge and your own adaptability, and gain endless opportunities for growth.
Come live our values - Respect, Excellence, Innovation, Service, Compassion and Collaboration - with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga