Assistant Director of Nursing - Infection Control Coordinator/Environmental Services Supervisor
Assistant Director of Nursing – Infection Control Coordinator/ Environmental Services Supervisor
The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) – Infection Control Coordinator/Environmental Services Supervisor at Hastings – Centennial Manor Long-Term Care Home in Bancroft, Ontario.
The primary function of this position is to assist the Director of Nursing with the administration of the nursing services, the co-ordination and implementation of the Infection Prevention and Control Program and the supervision of the Environmental Services staff for the home.
- Daily supervision of nursing staff in compliance with accepted nursing practices.
- Daily supervision of the environmental services staff (housekeeping and laundry).
- Assists the DOC in the implementation and evaluation of the nursing department quality improvement initiatives, risk management systems, data collection and analysis, report writing, procedural updates.
- Participate in the planning of an infection surveillance program for residents and staff and manage outbreaks in consultation with the Health Unit.
- Ensure outbreak protocols are implemented and followed by environmental services staff.
- Design and conduct in-depth investigations of clusters/outbreaks of infections and collate appropriate data to assist the leadership team in determining cause.
- Educate staff on the principles and practices of infection prevention and act as a resource regarding infection prevention and control;
- Leads the planning, implementation, maintenance and administration of the Influenza Vaccination Program; N95 Fit testing and Pandemic planning.
- Assists the leadership team with education, orientation and training of employees as well as auditing of the home to ensure compliance with Infection Control Protocols and environmental cleaning practices according to PIDAC best practice guidelines and the LTC Homes Act.
- Provides education to Resident and Family Councils; liaises with the Public Health Unit, participates on the Professional Advisory Committee, Resident Safety Committee and the Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Collaborates with Public Health regarding communicable diseases and other hospitals regarding inter-facility transfers of cases.
- Conduct or participate in both Nursing Department and Environmental Services Department interviews, orientations, evaluations and disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure that in-service programs are provided and encourage the continuing development of the nursing and environmental staff.
- Liaise with the registered staff regarding the medical care of residents and keep the Director of Nursing, Medical Director/Associate Physicians informed of health conditions of the residents.
- Ensure that appropriate resident care plans are developed and revised quarterly, or as necessary.
- Ensure that all residents receive optimum nursing care in compliance with Nursing Policies and Procedures and best practice guidelines.
- Liaise with all managers and multidisciplinary team to ensure holistic and quality care
- Promote positive staff and resident relations, and liaise effectively with families/POAC and outside agencies and address concerns in a timely manner
- Assist with the preparation of the Nursing Department budget and ensure effective control of the budget.
- Prepare the annual Environmental Services budget for the home and submit to the Administrator
- Ensure that nursing service receive supplies as needed and ensure effective control of the use of supplies.
- Order and maintain an inventory of housekeeping and laundry supplies
- Assist in the development and updating of evidence-based Nursing Policies and Procedures in accordance with best practice guidelines and participate in relevant nursing research.
- Develop Environmental Services policies and procedures in accordance with best practice guidelines, public health recommendations and relevant infection control protocols.
- Supervise staff performance in accordance with and follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act and County Policies.
- Ensure all employee incidents are documented, investigated and submitted to the Administrative Assistant.
- Immediately report and document all incidents of alleged, suspected or witnessed abuse or neglect of a resident in accordance with County policies and the Ministry of Health Long Term Care Act, 2007.
- Be aware of and follow emergency response procedures including all practice drills.
- Be accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by Centennial Manor.
- Must be willing to travel and poses a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Competence in Ontario.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC), through Infection Prevention and Control Canada (IPAC) required or a willingness to obtain within 2 years.
- Four to six years Nursing experience in a managerial/supervisory role, preferably in LTC, with 2 – 3 years relevant experience working in infection control and prevention is required.
- Superior planning and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a large number of staff providing various levels of nursing care.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate sound decision making, time management and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently and accurately to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience and oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with residents, the public, staff and external service providers.
- Capacity to create an environment conducive to the well-being of the residents.
- B.Sc.N. Degree
- Certificate of Gerontology or other post RN education in the field of gerontology
- Nursing Management/Leadership courses
- Experience in Long Term Care and applied knowledge of relevant legislation
HOURS OF WORK: Monday – Friday (8:30-4:30, 37.5 hours per week), with on-call rotation
WAGE RANGE: $97,658 - $106,353 per annum, with excellent fringe benefits
Please send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote: 2021-NON-CM-242 – “Your Name” in the subject line
CLOSING DATE: October 15, 2021
Juliana Alvarez-Molina, Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Talent Acquisition
“The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.”
More search results
Manager, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
HEALTH SERVICES NURSE
Children's Aid Society of Toronto - 358352
Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health Psychiatric…
North York General Hospital
Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services
Good Shepherd Centres - Emmanuel House
University of Toronto Mississauga