Registered Nurses (Medical/Surgical, Complex Continuing Care, SCU, ER, OR)
- Renfrew Victoria Hospital
- Renfrew, Ontario
- $33.90 - $48.53 /hourly + Vacation + Pension
- Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Renfrew, ON
- Area of Practice
- Acute Care, Complex Continuing Care, Emergency
- Permanent, Full-time
RVH is currently recruiting Registered Nurses in Permanent and Temporary Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual positions, across the following departments:
Medical / Surgical / SCU Unit
- Experience with Adult Medical & Surgical Care essential.
- I.V. Certification preferred.
- Experience in care of critically ill patients.
- Current competence in Cardiac Monitoring Skills.
- Current A.C.L.S. certification required.
- Coronary Care Course essential.
- CNA(C) in coronary care and critical care courses preferred.
- Current Certification in C.P.R. at Basic Rescuer Level or equivalent.
Complex Continuing Care Unit
- Current CPR or BCLS certification, level ‘C’ is required.
- Coronary Care Course or EKG Interpretation skills an asset.
- Certification in Gerontology is an asset
- Education in Geriatrics, i.e Dementia; Delirium; Depression
- Experience working with the Elderly population
- Gentle Persuasive Approach [GPA] training is an asset
- I.V. certification required
- Minimum two years recent Emergency Room experience preferred.
- Trauma Care or emergency Nursing Course preferred.
- PALS an asset
- ENPC an asset
- Knowledge of and working experience with The Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale
- Current ACLS certification required
- I.V. certification required
- Post Graduate Operating Room Certification Course
- Minimum two years recent Perioperative experience (OR, PACU, SDC, Pre-Op Clinic)
- Minimum two years recent Systemic Therapy administration experience
- Current membership in professional association (ORNAC, OPANA, NAPAN, CANO, etc)
All Registered Nurses must meet the minimum requisite skills, abilities, and requirements:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Vulnerable Sector Check valid within the last 6 months.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer for EHR documentation purposes. EPIC training is provided.
OUR NURSES LOVE WORKING AT RVH. HERE'S WHY:
- Reasonable nursing ratios and workload – with the variety and complexity to challenge you.
- Do you want extra exposure to skills, or need extra support? We will help support you and support each other.
- Managers are visible, available and actively involved.
- Located just 45 minutes west of downtown Ottawa, our hospital’s location in the Town of Renfrew, offers the best of small-town living with easy access to urban amenities.
- New staff can access up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness!
- Education Fund (up to $800/year).
- Training Opportunities.
- Staff Gym and Employee Wellness Program.
- Electronic Medical Records (EPIC). Comprehensive training provided.
- Experienced Team.
- Recognition events... and so much more!
Renfrew Victoria Hospital is a 55 bed, fully accredited facility, offering, surgical, medical, and complex continuing care. Special in‐patient services include a Special Care Unit, Palliative Care, and Pastoral Care. The hospital has an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. RVH has been designated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care as the Regional Centre for Renfrew County Nephrology Services. As such a 20‐station hemodialysis unit is located at RVH, a 6‐ station satellite hemodialysis unit is located at the St. Francis Memorial Hospital in Barry’s Bay and a 6‐ station unit at the Pembroke Regional Hospital. Pre‐dialysis care clinics are also offered.
RVH also offers a satellite oncology service and 25 specialist out‐patient clinics. RVH sponsors county‐ wide services in Addictions Treatment Services, Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP), Regional Assault Care Program, and Sleep Lab. There is full diagnostic support within the hospital including staff radiologists providing radiological, ultrasound, bone density, CT and mammography support. In addition, there is a comprehensive surgical program. We also have an Internist on staff who provides exercise stress testing, echocardiography, cardiopulmonary and allergy testing.
The hospital is located on the campus of the Renfrew and Area Health Services Village which consists of Renfrew Victoria Hospital, Renfrew Hospice, Bonnechere Manor Long Term Care facility, Quail Creek Long term Care facility, Addictions Services, Ottawa Valley Physio, Renfrew Family Chiropractic Centre, Dynacare Laboratories, the regional 911 Communications centre and three professionals clinics.
Collegiality amongst physicians, nurses, administration and staff make the Renfrew Victoria Hospital a wonderful place to work. Renfrew and the surrounding communities offer a beautiful and affordable rural life style within a short drive to Ottawa.
Join our nursing team at RVH where we are Growing Forward and Building Care!
Apply today by visiting our website for a full list of openings: www.renfrewhosp.com/jobpostings or send your resume via email to HR@renfrewhosp.com.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com.
More search results
Registered Nurse (Temporary Full-Time)
Toronto Aged Mens and Womens Homes (Belmont House)
Assistant Director of Nursing - Infection Control…
Registered Nurse – Supervised Consumption Service…
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Public Health Nurse
Resident Wellness Manager