RN/RPN - 1 FTE Maternity Contract: To start ASAP 2021 To August 2022
We are currently seeking an RN/RPN, as part of the clinical team, to use the principles of client centred care within the context of self-directed and interdisciplinary team approach, providing clinical care, illness prevention and health promotion within a community health centre environment.
Longlac (population 1,700) is a family friendly bilingual community offering many outdoor leisure activities for a healthy lifestyle. It is a three and a half hour drive (320 kms) east of Thunder Bay on the shore of Long Lake, and a half hour from Geraldton. Thunder Bay is a one and a half hour flight from Toronto.
If you are looking for work-life balance in a welcoming community, we would be happy to discuss how to engage you with community representatives. We encourage new graduates to apply.
A relocation cost allowance is negotiable. An isolation travel stipend will be provided.
- Current College of Nurses of Ontario registration.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong ability to think critically and problem solve creatively
- Ability to work both independently, and collaboratively, within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Perform clinical activities according to the College of Nurses standards for nursing practice.
- Utilizes professional assessment skills to identify physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of clients.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current evidence based practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and harm reduction.
- Proficiency in electronic charting.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Bilingualism in French and English would be an asset.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
More search results
Registered Nurse (Temporary Full-Time)
Toronto Aged Mens and Womens Homes (Belmont House)
Assistant Director of Nursing - Infection Control…
Registered Nurse – Supervised Consumption Service…
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Public Health Nurse
Resident Wellness Manager