- Port Hope ON
- Competition #0004-21
- Public Health Nurse
- Work Setting
As a member of the Foundational Standards Division, the Determinants of Health Nurse is
accountable to Foundational Standards Management for the implementation of the assigned
requirements of the Health Equity Standard of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) 2018
and other duties as assigned by Foundational Standards Management.
Areas of emphasis include providing enhanced supports to address the program and service needs
of specific, and sometimes hard-to-reach, populations impacted most negatively by determinants of
health in the health unit area.
All Registered Nurses employed by HKPRDHU are required to maintain competency in
immunization and participate in clinics as required.
The Determinants of Health Nurse is expected to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary
team to apply, adapt, choose and/or recommend changes to established methods,
procedures or policies and/or to develop new procedures to complete assigned work.
Direction is to be sought when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or are not within the
intent of established practices including scope of practice.
The position involves travel throughout the district and variations of the working day.
The successful candidate will have:
• A University Degree in Nursing
• Qualifications of a Public Health Nurse as defined by the Health Protection and Promotion Act
• Experience working with priority populations, community mobilization and capacity building
• Proof of current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
• Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Front Line Provider as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada
• Working knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
• Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
• Satisfactory completion of probationary period (3 months)
• Current CPR and First Aid (HCP level) or willingness to be certified at this level within two months of hire
Start Date: Immediately
Term: 1.0 Temporary Full-Time Contract – Up to 1 Year
Salary: ONA 2021 Salary Schedule $78,333 – $86,013
Location: Port Hope
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support the participation of persons with disabilities in the recruitment process. All recruitment documents are available in alternative format, upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter
by 4:30 p.m. on September 24, 2021 to:
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
Tel: 1-866-888-4577 Fax: 905-885-9551
More search results
Registered Nurse (Temporary Full-Time)
Toronto Aged Mens and Womens Homes (Belmont House)
Assistant Director of Nursing - Infection Control…
Registered Nurse – Supervised Consumption Service…
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Public Health Nurse
Resident Wellness Manager