Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is a state-of-the-art community hospital in rural Sioux Lookout, Ontario. We aim to be a Centre of Excellence in First Nations and northern healthcare by working together to improve the health status of individuals, families and communities now and for generations to come.
We are the healthcare hub for remote Northwestern Ontario, continuously growing and innovating to meet the needs of our 30,000-plus patients spread across more than 600,000 square kilometers of sunset country.
If you value Compassion, Respect, Quality, Teamwork, and are dedicated to excellence in your profession, this picturesque setting is the next step in your career!
The Registered Nurse is responsible to coordinate, assess, plan, provide interventions and evaluate care, utilizing the current Standards of Practice (RN College of Nurses of Ontario), in accordance with the hospital goals and objectives, for assigned patients.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic CPR certificate (BLS) required
- Minimum one year experience preferred
- ACLS/PALS/NALS/TNCC course and/or status preferred
- Triage/CTAS course preferred
- EKG/Dysrhythmia interpretation course/skill an asset
- Excellent communication skills, non-judgmental manner, team player
- Excellent assessment skills
- Intravenous/venipuncture skills/certification
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize based on acuity
- Exceptional crisis intervention skills including de-escalation techniques
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of position.
- Provide assistance to anD relief for all areas as required
- Perform triage, collect information, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans
- Ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Must be willing to work the present 12 hour shift rotation
- Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment with unpredictable situations
- Ability to self-reflect on practice and make adjustments based on both internal and external feedback
- Provide culturally competent and respectful care in accordance with hospital policy
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
- Other nursing duties
More search results
Registered Nurse (Temporary Full-Time)
Toronto Aged Mens and Womens Homes (Belmont House)
Assistant Director of Nursing - Infection Control…
Registered Nurse – Supervised Consumption Service…
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Public Health Nurse
Resident Wellness Manager