Employment Terms: Contract, Full-Time (10 Months)
Start Date: ASAP
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires students to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders who give back to their communities. With our values of Sense of Community, Inclusiveness, Creativity and Making a Difference as a foundation, Branksome Hall offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills.
Working as a member of the Health Centre, and under the guidance of the Head Nurse, the School Nurse participates in the day-to-day operations of the Health Centre. Building caring relationships with students from JK - Gr. 12, the nurse is responsible for assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation and documentation of student health and well-being.
The Nurse will also work closely with the boarding community, Heads of School, the Social Worker, the Student Support team and consulting physician, exercising sound judgement and independent decision making in support of student wellbeing.
Key Accountabilities, in partnership with Head Nurse, include, but are not limited to:
Day to Day Health Centre Responsibilities Including:
- Provide assessment and appropriate nursing care within the accepted scope of practice for illness and injury;
- Liaise with administration, teachers, and parents/guardians as needed regarding student care, support, illness and injury;
- Assist the Head Nurse in promoting and organize annual Flu Clinic for the boarding community and employees.
- Education and counselling of day and boarding students, as needed, regarding self-esteem, mental health, personal hygiene, relationships, nutrition, sexual health, in collaboration with the Social Worker;
- Assess any medical needs or concerns of boarding students, oversee any required treatment plans, communicate with their parents/guardians and provide follow-up care, as required;
- The School Nurse’s regular working hours will be each Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. as well as sharing “on-call” responsibilities in the evenings and on weekends.
- Review of student daily screening data and follow-up with students who have been denied access due to COVID-related concerns;
- Ensure proper triage, isolation and care of individuals of concern (ill or exposed);
- Complete contact tracing following a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school community;
- Assist with COVID-19 community screening and rapid testing (if applicable);
- Assist with COVID-19 education throughout the Branksome Hall community;
- Liaise with Toronto Public Health as required.
Reporting, Records and Documentation:
- Assist the Head Nurse in ensuring that the Prevalent Medical Conditions List is up to date and readily available;
- Complete Accident/Incident Reports for all school related occurrences;
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date student health care records.
- Registered Nurse (RN) and a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions to practice;
- Minimum three years’ of nursing experience, including experience working with children and adolescents and understanding of age-related growth and development;
- Experience in a school setting is an asset.
- Knowledgeable about best practices in healthcare, with a keen interest on how these best practices impact young and adolescent girls’ health in a school setting;
- Experience working independently;
- Highly organized with excellent judgement as well as clinical and problem-solving skills;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- A demonstrated ability to provide emergency as well as routine care;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion;
- Proficient computer skills and competency using existing technology and software.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page and submit your cover letter and resume by August 18, 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and the posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Branksome Hall is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with (dis)abilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas, and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Registered Nurse (Temporary Full-Time)
Toronto Aged Mens and Womens Homes (Belmont House)
Assistant Director of Nursing - Infection Control…
Registered Nurse – Supervised Consumption Service…
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Public Health Nurse
Resident Wellness Manager