- Flemingdon Health Centre
- Location: Flemingdon site, Fairview site and HATP
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
- Community Care
- Full-time, Part-time
Community Health Registered Nurse (1 Regular Full-time & 2 Relief)
About FHC: Flemingdon Health Centre (FHC) is an engaged and involved member of some of Toronto’s most dynamic neighbourhoods; Flemingdon Park, Fairview and Thorncliffe Park: FHC is a registered charity and an incorporated not-for-profit Community Health Centre (CHC), with a vision of Strong Health Communities. Across our three sites, we provide a range of health-related services based on the social determinants of health with extensive community engagement. We are primarily funded through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care/Ontario Health (formerly: Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network TC-LHIN).
At FHC, we know that health is about much more than just the absence of disease. Our approach to community health encompasses the social determinants of health which includes: education, employment, isolation, food security and social supports, and utilizes a community development model to promote health, prevent disease, and strengthen community capacity. We value health equity, inclusion, community engagement, accountability & transparency, excellence and collaboration & partnerships.
We are currently seeking a candidate for the position of Community Health Registered Nurse - to join the Primary Care team. We encourage applications from individuals who can identify with the diverse communities we serve.
About the Role: The Community Health Registered Nurse, as part of the Primary Care team, is expected to work in an interdisciplinary team to deliver high quality primary health care services for optimal individual and community health outcomes
- Regular Full Time (35 hours a week), evening and weekend hours can be expected
- Relief: Relief (hours vary), evening and weekend hours can be expected
- Regular Full time: $62,456-$73,918 per year, along with extended health benefits and pension plan
- Relief: $34.3-$40.6 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
Expected Start Date: September 2021
Location: Flemingdon site, Fairview site and HATP site
Reporting to: Lead Nurse or designate
Direct Client Care:
- Participate in providing comprehensive primary care within the full scope of a Registered Nurse
- Coordinate client care within the health centre and with specialists and other health care agencies
- Provide telephone advice and triage for requests, abnormal results, screening purposes and health prevention issues
- Initiate health teaching and health promotion with clients as part of a clinical assessment and groups
- Home visits as required
Health Promotion and Education:
- Collaborate with one’s service team and other teams across the organization to identify and provide health education to target groups and support community development efforts
- Participate in community projects or agency activities as a representative of the Health Centre as needed
- Participate in the development of, and give support to policies and strategies that are in the interest of public health and recognize the determinants of health
- Incorporate health care advances into practice and base this practice on the changing demographics and evolving needs of the community
- Participate in Quality Improvement projects, Audits, Accreditation and other relevant organizational committees and working groups as needed
- Plan, participate and assist identifying priority population consistent with Flemingdon Health Centre’s mission and goals
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the community within the health centre’s catchment area
- Have working knowledge of community services which are available for clients and will refer appropriately
Qualifications, Skills and Proficiencies:
- Registered Nurse registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a registered nurse within a community health centre setting in the following areas preferred:
- Assessing (and triaging) patients to determine the appropriate nursing and/or medical care required
- Chronic disease management, with an emphasis on providing care for patients with diabetes, hypertension and asthma
- Administering medications and treatments as directed by supervising physicians
- Monitoring and assessing changes in patients’ symptoms and conditions and providing updates to attending physicians
- Delivering and advising on women’s health screening tests delivered to patients, including cervical cytology tests, breast examinations and contraception
- Providing advice on travel health and administering of immunizations to patients before traveling o Pediatric and/or perinatal experience is considered an asset
- Skilled in assessment, health promotion & education, counseling and understanding of community development
- Able to work as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team
Note: This is a bargaining unit position with UFCW. Terms may be altered as a result of collective bargaining.
Application Deadline: Aug 22, 2021 by 5:00 pm Eastern time
Application Process: Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application via email to email@example.com
Please include a cover letter and resume in a single file with your name in the file and please mention the position you apply for (Regular full time or Relief).
In our Recruitment, FHC is committed to salary range disclosure in all of our job postings. We value and consider candidates’ lived experiences as well as commitment and alignment with our organizational values. We encourage applications from individuals who can identify with the diverse communities we serve.
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret that only those selected for an interview will receive an acknowledgement. Please note that a criminal background check (Vulnerable sector) will be conducted for this position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
More search results
Registered Nurse (Temporary Full-Time)
Toronto Aged Mens and Womens Homes (Belmont House)
Assistant Director of Nursing - Infection Control…
Registered Nurse – Supervised Consumption Service…
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Public Health Nurse
Resident Wellness Manager