West Park Healthcare Centre helps patients get their lives back by providing inpatient, outpatient and outreach services in specialized rehabilitative and complex care after a life-altering illness or injury such as lung disease, amputation, stroke, and traumatic musculoskeletal injuries. By 2023, West Park’s 27-acre site will be transformed into an integrated campus of care, including a new hospital building and additional community supports such as assisted living for persons with disabilities and seniors. This transformation enables the Centre to evolve its rehabilitative programs and strengthen links to community-based services to meet the future healthcare needs of our local community and the province.
We currently have full-time, part-time, and temporary opportunities for Registered Nurses to join our team.
The primary duty of the RN is to ensure consistently safe, competent, and ethical nursing care, consistent with practice standards and guidelines from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and with organizational policy. The RN demonstrates clinical leadership by bringing people (healthcare team, patients, families) together to help them build relationships, uncover needs and share ideas and evidence that promotes person-centered, evidence-informed practice.
- BScN preferred
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certificate in cardiopulmonary resuscitation BCLS
- Must be able to achieve 80% in the Functional Independent Measure (FIM) certification exam within the probationary or familiarization period and on recertification exams if applying to work on any of the following rehabilitation units: 3EA (Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation), 3EB (Amputee Rehabilitation), 3EC (Neurological Rehabilitation), 2EB (TB Rehabilitation) and 2WF (Respiratory Rehabilitation)
- Recent related clinical experience preferred
- Ability to perform the essential clinical duties of the job
- Skills in leading others, including the effective management of challenging interpersonal situations
- Effective communication skills
- Effective problem recognition, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to team success
- Resilience and effective coping strategies to manage change
- Demonstrated reliable work habits
- Demonstrated computer literacy in word processing and Electronic Patient Record
- Working knowledge of the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice
If you’re committed to making a difference, have a passion for helping others, and are looking for a place to contribute and grow, then we would like to talk to you. As a West Park Healthcare Centre team member, you’ll discover the rewards of a caring community of staff, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families – a community that has inspired people to choose West Park for more than 100 years.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via online application, to
We thank all applicants in advance and will contact only those selected for interviews.
To learn more about West Park’s services, our organization and our role in the community, please visit us at: www.westpark.org