Are you passionate about providing the best patient centered care? Does working in a small rural hospital and providing vital health care to the surrounding community appeal to you? West Haldimand General Hospital is located in the beautiful town of Hagersville, and is a scenic half hour drive to Simcoe, Brantford and Hamilton. If working to make a difference for patients appeals to you, then we would like to hear from you. We currently have a vacancy for a temporary full-time Registered Nurse in our Emergency Department. Our Registered Nurses work in accordance with our Mission, Vision and Values of Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Provide safe and timely nursing assessment and care to patients in the emergency room, in accordance with the standards set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario, and the guidelines set by the Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS).
- Plan nursing care to meet identified needs utilizing special skills and critical thinking.
- Assess & share the needs of the individual patients with other members of the health care team.
- Communicate vital information to members of the health care team in the ED and between departments.
- Completes accurate patient documentation in compliance with CNO standards.
- Demonstrate a caring and empathic approach to patients and their families.
- Keep patient information confidential in accordance with the information protection legislation.
- Work safely and in accordance with the policies and procedures of WHGH.
- Maintain competency by attending education programs, seminars, workshops.
- Current Certification of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
- B.C.L.S. (Basic Cardiac Life Support)
- A.C.L.S. (Advance Cardiac Life Support)
- P.A.L.S. (Pediatric Life Support)
- CTAS (Canadian Triage Acuity Scale) certification
- Current knowledge and recent experience in an Emergency Department, within the last two (2) years is preferred.
- Strong clinical knowledge in assessment, planning and interventions related to patient care needs.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving.
- Physically able to escort patients on ambulance transfers to other Hospitals.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering quality patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication.
- Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a WHGH Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Past performance and attendance record will be considered as part of the selection process.