INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
CORPORATE CRITICAL CARE PROGRAM
FULL-TIME, REGULAR PART TIME & TEMPORARY POSITIONS
DAY/NIGHT/WEEKEND SCHEDULE; 12 Hour shifts (subject to change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH AJAX/PICKERING/OSHAWA (Please indicate main site preference)
SALARY $33.90 - $48.53 per hour
We are currently looking for enthusiastic Registered Nurses to join our dynamic ICU team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager of ICU the Registered Nurse will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centered care environment. The ICU RN will participate as a member of the Multidisciplinary Care Team and as an individual practitioner to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice and CCSO Nursing Standards to maintain nursing records. The ICU RN will perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
* Completion of Critical Care Nursing Certificate or currently enrolled in Critical Care Nursing Certificate Program (proof must be provided with application) with committment to be completed within 6 months;
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* B.Sc.N. and ACLS preferred;
* Certification in defibrillation, preferred;
* Experience in Critical Care/Intensive Care setting OR 1 year in an acute care setting (e.g. Medical or Surgical Program);
* Demonstrated ventilator and haemodynamic monitoring, EKG interpretation skills;
* Demonstrated conflict management abilities;
* Proven effective organizational, critical thinking, prioritization, time-management, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Proven commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CNO;
* Demonstrated ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
* Physically capable to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with assistance;
* Epidural/PCA pain management skills preferred;
* Must have a satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area; and
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.