Registered Nurses - Emergency Department & Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Blanche River Health
- Kirkland Lake, ON
- Rate of pay ranges from: $33.90 to $48.53
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
- Critical / Urgent Care, Emergency
- Permanent, Part-time
Registered Nurses – Emergency Department & Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Permanent Part-time (Primary site: Kirkland Lake)
Blanche River Health Offers:
- NEGOTIABLE RELOCATION PACKAGES
- On-site staff fitness centre, EAP program, ‘perks’ program.
- A commitment to professional and personal development including an Education Bursary program.
- A commitment to employee Wellness including work-life balance
- A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace
- A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
Compensation & Benefits Information
- Rate of pay ranges from: $33.90 to $48.53, as per the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) Collective Agreement
- Eligibility to enroll in the HEALTHCARE OF ONTARIO PENSION PLAN (HOOPP). Click on the link provided for more information - https://hoopp.com/
- Benefits coverage and paid vacation specific to the Permanent Full-time position
- Percent in lieu and vacation percent pay up to 20%
Requirement specific to Emergency & Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Must have I.V. Therapy Certification, B.C.L.S. Certificate, ACLS
- Applicants who have any one or all of the following course/certificates will be given preference (Critical Care Certificate, coronary care course, ECG interpretation, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC))
- Applicants with added nursing skills including the following will be given preference (central lines, arterial lines, picc lines, cardiac rhythm interpretation, invasive and non-invasive ventilation(bipap/ventilators)
- Applicants with previous ICU / ER experience will be given preference.
- Must be willing to assist with relieving in all other nursing areas as required.
- Staff will be required to work in both ICU & ER
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional, caring approach with patients, public, department staff, physicians, staff from other departments and other institutes and agencies.
- Competency with basic nursing skills including, assessment, observation, documentation and problem solving, decision making skills.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work promptly and regularly and to maintain the same.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Kirkland Lake - For more information regarding the town of Kirkland Lake please visit https://www.discoverkl.ca/
Englehart – For more information regarding the town of Englehart please visit https://www.englehart.ca/
**You may be eligible to receive 100% reimbursement of your tuition** Click on the link below
Please submit your resume by July 30, 2021 to Jessica Parkman, CHRP – Human Resources
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Blanche River Health is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.