Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses
- VHA Home Healthcare
- Toronto and Durham region
- SEIU wage grid
- Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse
- Work Setting
- Home Care
- Toronto, ON, Whitby, ON
- Area of Practice
- Community Care
- Full-time, Part-time
You’re needed. Like never before.
Founded in 1925, VHA is a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of over 3,000 diverse professionals - nurses, personal support workers, rehab therapists and more. Together, we provide high quality care, with great heart, to vulnerable populations in the communities we serve. This includes seniors, families, new parents, newborn babies, people with physical and mental disabilities, children with medically complex needs, and the terminally ill. We provide service 24 hours a day, seven days a week to clients in their homes, in schools, in retirement homes and other locations in the community. In every role and at every level, we lead with purpose, build bonds that matter, and we’re passionate about providing spectacular care.
We are currently seeking: Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses!
The role our Nurses play in our clients’ and their families’ lives is more important than ever. You’ll form meaningful bonds with your clients and their families, you’ll provide continuity of care in different delivery settings, and you’ll make a real difference in their lives. At VHA, you’ll have the flexibility and responsibility to manage your clinical practice and the opportunity to elevate your skills with great training. And you’ll have the support of colleagues and Best Practice Nursing Supervisors who work together to provide spectacular care to clients and each other.
- Current certificate of competency (licensure) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Nursing diploma or degree from a recognized college or university
- Membership in your Professional Association preferred (RNAO)
- Current registration with the CNO and First Aid/CPR
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of the community
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to client care
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Proven ability to care for multiple clients in a fast, team based environment
- Knowledge and experience in supporting geriatric clients
Why Work at VHA?
- VHA has over 90 years of experience providing high quality care you can be proud of
- A stimulating, client and family focused work environment
- A variety of full-time and part time positions
- We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning
- Competitive compensation and paid orientation
- Eligible staff are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package
- Pension is available to eligible staff
- A confidential, free Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff and service providers
- We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.vha.ca/careers
Our online application should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.