- Specialized Behaviour Support Unit
- Salary Range: $33.23 - $46.75 per hour
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Area of Practice
- Geriatric Care
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is transforming care for Seniors and Veterans. The Perley Rideau community of care includes 450 long-term care beds, 139 independent-living apartments, a variety of on-site clinical services and a burgeoning Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducting applied research and developing best practices in the care of older adults living with frailty. Pillars for future success include 700 staff and 400 volunteers supported by funding from the Perley Rideau Foundation.
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre’s Specialized Behaviour Support Unit is an innovative and exciting unit for seniors over the age of 65 with dementia related behaviours not currently managed in their present long term care home.
Modelling the Core Values of the Perley Rideau, Registered Nurse will be required to work with the interdisciplinary team and foster a team approach in the delivery of care to meet SBSU resident needs.
Consistently demonstrates professional conduct in accordance with the College's standards for nursing practice and ethics; and that the primary duty is to our resident to ensure safe, competent, ethical nursing care.
The RN assesses high risk residents, leads and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and fosters a team approach in the delivery of care to resident. Participates in Quality Improvement Activities. Supports/Leads High Risk Rounds.
Communicates effectively with all members of the Care Team. Evaluates resident care outcomes and implements actions as required.
- College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Competence
- Completed Gentle Persuasive Approach
- Ability to speak, read and write English sufficiently to meet the normal requirements of the job.
- Ability to speak, read and listen in French at an Advanced level of proficiency is required
- Ability to write at an Intermediate Plus level of proficiency is required
- Demonstrated ability to organize own work & identify priorities.
- Ability to work with the elderly in a resident centered environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills & communication skills
- A Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (Heart Saver) Certificate
- A Police Check (vulnerable sector) must be completed if the applicant did not provide one to PRVHC upon hire.
- PIECES training
- LEAP training
- Experience with dementia care in a secure environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- RNAO Champion
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team across health sectors
- Orientation to PRVHC medication administration. Bilingual
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre: A Great Place to Work for People Dedicated To Enriching the Lives of Seniors
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, the Perley Rideau, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.