- The District Municipality of Muskoka
- Bracebridge, Ontario
- $34.40 - $48.40 per hour
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Bracebridge, ON
Reporting to the Director of Care, Registered Nurses are Team Leaders and are responsible for ensuring nursing care is being delivered in a consistent and safe manner.
Our cozy and comfortable home encompasses five resident home areas (one secure) and has four wonderful courtyards with plenty of outdoor spaces to roam about. The Pines has been serving seniors with care and dignity in our community since September 1961.
The Registered Nurses’ key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Provide for nursing care of residents in accordance with established policies, physician’s orders, the resident care plans and within the scope of practice of a RN;
- Order, receive and administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with the standards set by the Ontario College of Nurses;
- Responsible for safekeeping of drugs / narcotics in accordance with professional standards and policies;
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of nursing care delivered;
- Contribute to the development of site specific nursing policies and practices;
- Observe and monitor condition of residents and report changes in physical or mental status to the Attending Physician or Physician-on-call and residents family/Power of Attorney (POA).
- Develop, implement, evaluate and adjust resident care plans.
- Supervise registered and non-registered staff in providing care to residents and contribute to assessment of their performance. Coordinate assignments and deploy workforce as needed.
- Collaborate with other members of the health care team and maintain cooperative relationships with other staff members.
- Update other staff on a regular basis with care changes, physicians’ orders, facility updates, etc.
- Maintain resident records and ensure that medication charting is done in compliance with established standards and legislative requirements.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, and infection control. Ensure compliance by staff and report any concerns.
- Oversee the unit/facility activities, needs and problems related to resident care. Update families, physicians and Director of Care with needs or problems related to resident care.
- Partner with external healthcare providers to provide excellence in resident care.
- Participation at in-service education programs and ensure attendance by unit team members
- Work in a safe manner that is in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and policies/ procedures of the Pines;
- Charge Nurse provides leadership for all components of resident care in the absence of the DOC or ADOC; completes security checks as required and initiates emergency plans as necessary;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The skills, experience and qualifications we are seeking for this job include:
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN preferred - Experience in long term care or rehabilitation is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Recording and reporting skills.
- Specialty skills i.e. Palliative care, pain management, wound care etc.
- Technical proficiency with including MS office tools and computerized documentation.
We foster a professional, friendly and supportive team atmosphere and continuously strive to provide a working environment where the best people want to work. As a four-season municipality, with wonderful schools and facilities, there is plenty for everyone in Muskoka to do, in and out of work. Being an employee of the District family is an opportunity to work with ambitious teams where you can learn, grow, and contribute while building a strong career. We have a strong focus on health & wellness, and we are committed to creating and promoting respect, diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace. Watch our District video to learn more!