4 WEST MEDICINE
REGULAR PART TIME
Days, Nights, and Weekend Schedule; 12 hour shifts (subject to change)
Salary: $33.90 - $48.53 per hour
Lakeridge Health Ajax/Pickering
Reporting to Manager of 4 West Medicine, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centered care environment. You will provide care to a general medicine patient population.
* Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
* Competent to perform CPR at a basic Cardiac Life Support level;
* Health Assessment course from a recognized institution or equivalent course;
* Current medical/surgical experience (1 year);
* Demonstrated skills in providing patient education and sharing knowledge of expected outcomes and care;
* Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations;
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community;
* Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgement;
* Ability to perform the essential duties of the position;
* Must have a satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area; and
* Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) . Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.