Registered Nurse - Oncology/Nephrology (OC6)
- Oshawa, Ontario
- $33.90 - $48.53 per hour
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Oshawa, ON
- Area of Practice
TEMPORARY PART TIME
Days, Evenings, Night, Weekend Schedule; 8 & 12 hour shifts (subject to change)
Lakeridge Health Oshawa
SALARY: $33.90 - $48.53 per hour
To use nursing process in providing patient care. To participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team. As an individual practitioner, to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. To maintain nursing records. Function as a member of a multidisciplinary team; and performing other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Proof of current B.C.L.S.;
* Demonstrated commitment to maintaining Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CNO;
* Post graduate certificate in Oncology and/or Palliative Nursing an asset;
* Post graduate certificate in Nephrology or certification and/or Medical-Surgical certification also considered;
* Certificate in CVAD, I.V. Therapy preferred, or a commitment to obtain these certifications within one year;
* Recent experience in oncology/palliative/nephrology nursing preferred;
* B.Sc.N. is preferred;
* Demonstrated communication skills both written and verbal;
* Demonstrated ability to perform well and display tact and empathy in stressful and emotionally intense situations in caring for dying patients and their families;
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with ability to foster good public relations in a family centered care environment;
* Proven organizational, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Demonstrated ability to assume a leadership/supervisory role;
* Radiation oncology experiences an asset;
* Membership in RNAO and CANO is an asset;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Must have a satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education sessions; and,
* Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) . Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.