Clinical Manager, Cardio Diagnostics & Respiratory Services
- Humber River Hospital
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Area of Practice
- Acute Care, Management / Director / Executive
Manage our Cardio Diagnostics and Respiratory Therapist, overseeing the delivery, availability and continuous improvement of interdisciplinary programs and services that provides consistently high-quality, safe care.
At Humber River Hospital, the Clinical Manager plays a key role in establishing and driving the approach to how we provide care to our patients in the assigned clinical area. They do this in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements, professional best practices and operational policies and processes.
We are currently seeking an experienced Clinical Manager for our Cardio Diagnostics and Respiratory Services Program, to join our Cardiac, Critical Care, Oncology and Respiratory Services leadership team. The ideal candidate has proven clinical management experience in one of the areas listed above, with exceptional people management skills. This individual must be well versed in Respiratory Services and Cardiac Diagnostic services.
Cardio Diagnostics: ECG; 2D, 3D and Doppler Echo studies; stress and Dobutamine echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, pediatric echo, holter monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, cardiac stress tests, nuclear cardiology testing, pacemaker follow-up clinic and , congestive heart failure clinic.
Respiratory Therapy Services: Lead and direct Respiratory Therapy services throughout all clinical programs. This includes coordinate program delivery to meet budget and patient volume objectives, provide professional practice leadership in the development and delivery of education programs that teach respiratory therapy techniques and improves adherence to professional best practices and quality objectives.
The Clinical Manager will provide operational leadership and direction to a team of clerical employees coordinating patient, clinic and staff schedules, including coordination of human resources to support volumes
Are you a passionate Clinical Manager with special interest, knowledge and experience in one of the following areas: If you answered yes, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Humber River Hospital.
Reporting Relationship: Program Director, Critical Care, Cardiology, Respiratory, and Oncology
Hiring Salary Range: $99,674.25 - $112,113.97
- Lead and direct fiscal and human resources required for departmental and program operations.
- Provide operational and clinical processes guidance to staff; manage direct and indirect reports in collaboration with an interdisciplinary teams (e.g. Critical Care Services Ontario (CCSO), EMS, Emergency, LHIN and community partners, medical staff, regulated health professionals, etc.).
- Provide Site Lead support for the Provincial Ventilator Pool
- Promote and encourage a collaborative staff and patient environment for patient-centered care that adapts to the needs of diverse internal and external communities.
- Oversee staff scheduling to include a mix of staff based on a variety of skills, experience, and other factors (e.g. acuity; knowledge levels; coverage of clinic hours; availability of resources and equipment; environmental/clinical context, etc.).
- Identify required organizational support services, structures, and resources in collaboration with Clinical Practice Leaders (CPLs) for the safe and efficient operation of the department (e.g. supplies, diagnostics, pharmacy, transportation, technologies, food, etc.); assign resources to deliver safe patient care governed by professionally regulated priorities, standards, and best practices, aligned with professional and program quality standards, and organizational goals and priorities.
- Analyze and resolve issues in the delivery of patient care in collaboration with other units departments (e.g. staffing, redeployment, closures, isolation, infection control, inter-unit issues, etc.); invoke Incident Management System (IMS) for Emergency situations; escalate critical incidents (e.g. harm or death of staff, patients, patient families) to Director for resolution.
- Integrate clinical program functions, philosophy, process, policies with other program areas to improve patient care quality outcomes and patient/family experience (e.g. inter-program patient flow).
- Manage internal and external communications and coach unit staff in customer service methods; resolve patient and family concerns and labour related issues.
- Clinical leadership in Respiratory and Cardiac Diagnostics.
- Monitor and governs compliance with professional, accreditation, ethical, and legal standards.
- Manage escalated issues independently and in collaboration with clinical team; take action to resolve issues and conflicts, and maintain positive relationships.
- Graduate Degree in Nursing, Health Administration (MHA), Business Administration (MBA) or other health related graduate degree
- Current registration and membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) or equivalent regulatory body
- Membership with Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) or equivalent professional association
- A minimum of (7) seven years of related clinical experience in an acute care hospital
- A minimum of (5) five years management experience with direct people management responsibilities
- Exceptional analytical and information-seeking skills that contribute to effective decision-making and strategic planning and execution of action plans that deliver results and motivate individuals for greater performance excellence
- Ability to work with a diverse group of leaders and stakeholders with demonstrated success in moving key stakeholders to positive resolution and to facilitate and coach clinical areas on change initiatives
- Experience managing in a multi-union environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in redesigning clinical processes to improve clinical practice, efficiency and patient care
- Track record for creating a quality and safety culture and means for monitoring and communicating results that is meaningful to team members and inspires continuous improvement
- Self-directed, courageous, and highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience managing competing demands in a fast-paced, multi-site, multi-disciplinary health care environment
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.