Services and Housing In the Province (SHIP) is a Provincial leader in the broader public sector that builds strategic partnerships and programs that support the fundamental rights for Housing and Health Services throughout the Peel Region, Dufferin County, and surrounding areas.
Our commitment to increase quality of life through health services and housing supports that promote mental and physical health and wellness is at the forefront of every employee we hire. We value compassion, hope, inclusiveness, respect, and professionalism.
Our organization has supported the region for over 35 years and employs over 300 passionately engaged employees ranging from office administration, nurses, and service health specialists to housing specialists all dedicated to the community, clients, and families.
Reporting to the Early Psychosis Intervention program manager, the Registered Nurse (RN) will have a passion for working with individuals that are 14-35 years old experiencing first episode psychosis. The RN will provide preventative and primary care to the individuals receiving services.
They will also work in tandem with other disciplines to provide assessments, medication consultation and intramuscular injection administration as needed, linkages and support to primary care, healthy living, and supportive counselling.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to HR@shipshey.ca.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to carry out mental health recovery and support
- Communicate openly and effectively with EPI Peel MDT partners
- Perform nursing assessments, health screening, metabolic monitoring, and medication reconciliation and administration
- Administer standardized assessment and screening tools (LOCUS, Columbia SSS, OCAN)
- CBT/DBT informed
- Provide psychoeducational support to clients and families
- Provide individualized goal assessment and supportive counselling as appropriate
- Identify risk factors to decrease harm by establishing and implementing recovery and crisis plans
- Link individuals to Psychiatry, Primary Care, and Pharmacy services as needed
- Establish consistent clinical collaboration between community and hospital settings
- Assist clients in developing and maintaining community supports, daily living, and social skills necessary to obtain independency in the community
- Understand and be able to integrate a philosophy of client-centred care into daily responsibilities
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to quality care and service delivery based on SHIP’s Mission and Values
- Ensure appropriate records are kept and make sure that statistical information is maintained as per agency standards
- Adherence to agency Health & Safety Program and the Client Safety Framework in the promotion of client safety
- Other duties as assigned
- An RN in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 3 years with community mental health and/or addiction experience
- Knowledge of EPI provincial standards
- Experience working with youth
- Demonstrated competency in mental health, addiction, cognitive and behavioural assessments
- Excellent skills in assessments, health teaching, counseling and crisis intervention
- Extensive knowledge of community supports
- Knowledge of MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
- A vehicle, valid driver’s license, and adequate insurance coverage
- Valid Certification in First Aid & CPR
- Training in ASIST and CPI
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Shifts are typically scheduled from Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm but may vary depending on client needs
- Majority of work will be completed independently in the client’s home/apartment
- Average amount of physical effort is required
- Requires the ability of handling light and moderate weight objects including office supplies and other supplies and/or frequently sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods of time
- Vehicle travel to sites, ability to walk up and open doors as required
SHIP is an equal opportunity employer under the Canadian Human Rights Commission and AODA. If you need assistance with your application, please contact Human Resources | 905-795-8742
Thank you for your application but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Registered Practical Nurse
The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
The District Municipality of Muskoka
Registered Nurses (Obstetrics, Operating Room, Ac…
Headwaters Health Care Centre
Director, Integrated Health Systems and Partnersh…
Spectrum Health Care