Registered Nurse, Temporary Full Time
- West Haldimand General Hospital
- 75 Parkview Rd., Hagersville, Ontario
- $33.90- $48.53/hr.
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Hagersville, ON
- Area of Practice
- Acute Care
Are you passionate about providing the best patient centered care? Does working in a small rural hospital and providing vital health care to the surrounding community appeal to you? West Haldimand General Hospital is located in the beautiful town of Hagersville, and is a scenic half hour drive to Simcoe, Brantford and Hamilton. If working to make a difference for patient’s appeals to you, then we would like to hear from you. We currently have a vacancy for a Registered Nurse in our Inpatient Unit.
UNIT PROFILE The Inpatient Unit is a 23 bed acute medical unit. The staffing mix includes RN’s and RPN’s working to their full scope of practice, and encompasses all aspects of acute medicine as well as palliation. As a member of the health care team, the RN provides nursing care according to the job description and standards of practice and criteria for Registered Nurses on the Inpatient Unit including Special Care. WHGH nursing staff provide care in accordance with our mission, vision and WHGH values of innovation, compassionate communication, accountability, respect and excellence.
1. Current Certification of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
2. Current B.C.L.S. (Basic Cardiac Life Support)
3. Current A.C.L.S. (Advance Cardiac Life Support)
4. Current knowledge and recent experience in an I.C.U./C.C.U. is an asset.
5. Expertise in physical assessments and clinical decision making.
6. Proficient in insertion of intravenous lines.
7. Blood Glucose Testing by Finger Prick.
8. RNAO membership preferred.
9. Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, families and other members of the health care team in an effective, professional, safe, positive caring manner.
10. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
11. Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, interpersonal skills and problem solving.
12. Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
13. Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a WHGH Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions
14. Past performance and attendance will be considered as part of the selection process