ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF CARE (Full-Time) – West Park LTC
Candidates are invited to apply for the Assistant Director of Care (ADOC) position permanent full time, at West Park Long Term Care a 200-bed accredited long-term care facility located in Toronto, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), the ADOC is accountable for assisting with the management of all aspects of nursing care within the facility to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- Assists the DOC in the implementation and evaluation of the nursing department quality improvement initiatives, risk management systems, data collection and analysis, report writing, procedural updates;
- Takes the lead in the coordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care (i.e. falls, restraint use, wound management, Infection Control)
- Effectively manages utilization of nursing supplies
- Responsible for the High Intensity Needs program
- Maintains a system of care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation at the resident and unit program level that maximizes staff resources and contributes to West Park LTC interdisciplinary team’s approach to resident care
- Effectively supports the RAI-MDS program
- Maintains an active presence in the Resident Home Areas mentoring staff while overseeing the provision of quality resident care
- Initiates investigative and corrective actions related to occupational health and safety; develops and monitors modified work programs for nursing personnel
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Care on special projects, reviews, and other duties as may be assigned
- Providing and supporting Staff Education to all staff and ensuring completion.
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department in the Director of Care’s absence.
- Registered Nurse; BScN
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Minimum of three years experience in long term care; previous management experience an asset
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) experience including IPAC education an asset
- Current knowledge of clinical issues for geriatric residents, principles of adult education and quality improvement
- Detailed knowledge of RAI MDS and High Intensity Needs
- Demonstrated superior leadership and organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word; Excel, PowerPoint, computerized resident care and assessment programs
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, current nursing and healthcare practices; demonstrates concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Experience in staff education in a healthcare or similar organization
- Proven ability to analyze data, implement quality improvement, solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Knowledge of public policy, accreditation standards and processes that affect long-term care.
- Excellent ability to motivate, lead, train and manage staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple assignments
CLOSING DATE: July 30, 2021
Interested applicants should forward their resume to the attention of:
Director of Care
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.