Registered Nurse, Emergency Dept.
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital
- Cambridge, Ontario
- $33.90 - $44.52
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Cambridge, ON
- Area of Practice
- Critical / Urgent Care, Emergency
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is seeking qualified, skilled, and passionate individuals to join our team who will provide direct patient care in our Emergency department. The Emergency Department Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing exceptional patient care to a diverse patient population across the spectrum of all emergencies including: trauma, cardiology, obstetrics/gynecology, medicine, psychiatry, and more. Main functions include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, and patient advocacy.
The successful incumbent will work closely with the other members of the multidisciplinary team to provide high quality nursing care to our patients and their families within the framework of the RN. Come join a hospital where everyone makes a difference, and where our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people!
These are full-time positions to work all shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) Certificate of Registration in good standing required
- Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required
- Two years of current experience in an Emergency Program required
- Current experience in a hospital environment preferred
- ACLS, BCLS required
- TNCC, ENPC, PALS preferred
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Code White Training - required to physically be able to participate in and successfully complete training in order to respond fully during a Code White
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written) required
- Excellent problem solving and crisis intervention skills required
- Keyboarding skills and knowledge of Meditech and OmniCell a definite asset
- Proven dedication to an interdisciplinary team approach required
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment essential
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
** Apply today online - www.cmh.org/about/careers **