- Prince Edward Family Health Team
- Prince Edward County ON
- Nurse Practitioner
- Work Setting
- Home Care
- Area of Practice
- Chronic Disease Prevention / Management, Complex Continuing Care, Primary Care
- Permanent, Full-time
The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our team on a fulltime, permanent basis.
Live and work in Prince Edward County; well-known to offer the best in rural living. 800 km of spectacular shoreline and beautiful scenery at your doorstep, fresh air, family farms and warm communities, live theatre, artists' studios and galleries, unique regional cuisine and a growing wine industry all combine to make “the County” a location of choice.
A challenging and rewarding role, developed by our NPs and their partners within the PEFHT, is available for you to improve the lives and health outcomes of some of our most vulnerable patients. You will engage in autonomous decision making and authority within scope of practice, as well as shared decision-making outside the NP scope. Your clients will include individuals, families and the community as a whole. There is a focus on caring for our most fragile, often including our 65+ population, in their homes.
Within the context of a client-centred care model and working within a multidisciplinary team, the NP will:
- provide shared care for their patients along with their physician partners;
- assess, investigate, diagnose and treat patients across the lifespan, utilizing critical thinking and evidence-based medicine and nursing as a guide to practice;
- make referrals independently to physician specialists as per CNO Standards of Practice;
- provide expert coaching, guidance, and counseling - e.g. patient education, supportive counseling, options counseling, grief counseling, CBT if qualified;
- obtain and maintain QHC Hospital privileges to facilitate continuity of care and have the authority to order hospital-based tests within their scope of practice;
- provide patient and family-centred palliative care;
- monitor patients’ EMR for test results and consultants’ notes;
- provide service encounter statistics to MOH as requested by the NPAR Program;
- consult with multidisciplinary team members, physicians and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in person-centred care.
- lead or participate in PEFHT patient-centred programs, e.g. Palliative and Collaborative Care Programs, which requires home visits, assessment, and working collaboratively with multiple community agencies.
- Lead or participate in program development and evaluation as well as quality improvement initiatives.
- Registration in the Extended Class with the CNO; member of RNAO or NPAO and carry liability insurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills; ability to build and nurture positive working relationships both within and outside of the PEFHT.
- Superior skills in assessment and diagnosis.
- 5+ years clinical nursing experience.
- Knowledge of health care facilities and community health services, social agencies etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, and within a brisk work setting.
- Cooperative, team-based approach balanced with a high degree of self-motivation, accountability and leadership.
- Experience with program development and QI an asset.
- Proficient with electronic medical records and standard office software.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, willingness to provide home visits.
- Willingness to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.
Visit our website at www.pefht.ca for more information about our team. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.