REGISTERED NURSE (X4)
G5 - MEDICINE
REGULAR PART TIME
DAYS/EVENINGS/NIGHTS/WEEKENDS; 8 & 12 HOUR SHIFTS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Lakeridge Health Oshawa
SALARY: $33.90 - $48.53 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Nurse on the Acute Care unit is required to use nursing processes in providing patient care according to the standards and current scope of practice as set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario and the policies of Lakeridge Health; to participate as a member of the Health Care Team by conducting assessments, monitoring medical status of patient, supporting other team members in decision making, ensuring accuracy in clinical documentation and to participate in quality improvement initiatives relevant to the unit and organization as required. Nurses will teach, delegate, assign and supervise Personal Support Workers in delivery of patient care. As an individual practitioner, the RN will maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice; performing other related duties as assigned.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
- Demonstrated commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by CNO;
- Current B.C.L.S.;
- Related experience in Acute Medicine or equivalent related experience;
- CNA certification in Geriatrics, an asset;
- Proven ability to assume a leadership/charge role with demonstrated evidence of self-motivation regarding continuing education in areas of patient assessment, patient education and related Clinical Specialties;
- Excellent assessment skills with clinical knowledge of care of the geriatric population;
- Ability to provide work with unregulated health care providers as stated by the CNO standards and the LH policies and procedures;
- Effective organizational, problem-solving, prioritization, time-management and teaching skills;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to foster good public relations and working relationships in a family centered care environment;
- Must have a satisfactory performance record
- Demonstrated ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
- The ability to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with the assistance of mechanical aids;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education sessions; and,
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) . Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.